Re: [Telescopes] Brewing your own (was: Sorry Phil (was Star Test ))

  • Stephen Tonkin
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2000
      Joe Goins <joe.goins@...> wrote:
      >I believe that there is a group of gentlemen in England that did a 30"
      >mirror for their first project!

      If you refer to the Hanwell Community Observatory, the mirror was
      actually made (is still being made?) on your side of the pond -- no-one
      over here seemed capable of taking it on. (& if no, to whom do you refer
      -- I'm interested! <g>)

      See: http://www.soft.net.uk/hanwell

      --
      Best,
      Stephen
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2000
        That's not the animal I was talking about... I'll try to see if I can find
        the link.

        Joe