Affordable alternatives to Radians

  • Mark Sinderson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2000
      I am wondering what eyepieces are affordable alternatives to the Radian.
      Are there any out there that give a fairly wide FOV along with decent eye
      relief? I am particularly interested in the 5-17mm range. Any suggestions
      would be appreciated

      Mark Sinderson

      "Look up occasionally, you might see something new."
    • try39@europa.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2000
        Hi Mark,

        A couple of my new favorites are the 7mm Ortho($58) from University
        Optics and the 17mm Celestron Nexstar plossl ($48). Both have
        razor sharp focus and the 17mm gives a nice wide FOV.

        Tony