File - Know it all

  • telescopes@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 262 , Feb 17, 2013
      The moderators encourage all members of Talking Telescopes to discuss all aspects of amateur telescopes and related equipment in an open, friendly manner in order to foster the exchange of ideas and opinions.

      Unfortunately, we must also caution members, especially those who are new to the subject, to take what some other members say with a grain of salt. Please do not interpret everything that is posted here as gospel, as we have seen some people repeatedly post messages that contain erroneous information. There are those who post what sound like "authoritative" comments about telescopes that they have neither seen nor tested.

      We would request that members only post comments about telescopes with which they are familiar, rather than repeating hearsay and unfounded rhetoric. We would also encourage experienced members who see an error in another person's post to correct that misconception in a follow-up post, setting the record straight so to speak.

      Thanks,
      The Moderators
    • telescopes@yahoogroups.com