Re: [Telescopes] Three California Observatories

  • Armand Buron
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 10, 2012
      I'm Sorry Dave - I must be missing something here because the links at Cloudynights only takes me to the actual observatory websites.
      I didn't see any photos that you took.  Am I doing something wrong or did I not dig deep enough on those websites?

      Armand

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 10, 2012
        Hi Dave:

        You and your wife had a wonderful trip and thank you for sharing it with us.

        Back in the late 70's I was in southern California and had the opportunity to visit Mount Palomar. I still have my Palomar Mountain coffee cup I purchased at the gift shop. We also stopped at a small diner type place on the access road that sold the best peanut butter and banana sandwiches ever made.

        Vic Palmieri

        --- In telescopes@yahoogroups.com, "davejm28" <dave.mitsky1@...> wrote:

        > I've posted descriptions and photographs of my visits to the Mt. Wilson
        > Observatory, the Griffith Observatory, and the Palomar Observatory this past October at the following URLs:
        >
        > http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5507904/page/1/\
        > view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1
        >
        > http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5551437/page/1/\
        > view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1
        >
        > http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5555014/page/0/\
        > view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1
        >
        > I even got to do a little actual observing at the Griffith Observatory through the observatory's famous 12" Zeiss achromat and three 11" Celestron SCTs.
        >
        > Dave Mitsky

      • starryskyn
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 13, 2012
          Don't click on the links in the body of the message. Those are just for further information. What you should access is "Attachment" in the title above the message for pictures.
          Gregg

          --- In telescopes@yahoogroups.com, Armand Buron <aburon1120@...> wrote:

          > I'm Sorry Dave - I must be missing something here because the links at Cloudynights only takes me to the actual observatory websites.
          > I didn't see any photos that you took.  Am I doing something wrong or did I not dig deep enough on those websites?
          >
          > Armand

        • Armand Buron
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 14, 2012
            Well don't I feel stupid now, thanks Gregg.

            Excellent photos Dave.

            Armand