Re: Skywatcher Explorer 200P EQ5 Vs Orion SkyView Pro 8" Equatorial

  • SAKTHIVEL
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 14, 2012
      > Pretty much identical, I suspect. I'm curious as to how big the price
      > difference is in India, because it is quite substantial here in Canada.
      > Pretty much what you would expect when the same telescope has to be
      > shipped first from China to California, and then onward to its final
      > destination. Here in Canada there is no duty on telescopes, but there
      > is duty into the USA, so US Customs is added into the difference, as

      > Geoff

      Here in India Orion Skyview Pro 8" is available for Rs.57000 + VAT (around 12%)+ shipping charges (Total cost Around Rs.65000/-).

      Skywatcher telescope is available for Rs.48000 + VAT +shipping (Total cost around Rs.55000/-).

      Further Orion scope comes with one eyepiece and an 8x40 finder whereas Skywatcher comes with two eyepieces, a barlow and a 9x50 finder.

      Sakthivel
      Coimbatore, India
    • Geoff Gaherty
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 15, 2012
        On 15/11/12 2:03 AM, SAKTHIVEL wrote:
        > Here in India Orion Skyview Pro 8" is available for Rs.57000 + VAT
        > (around 12%)+ shipping charges (Total cost Around Rs.65000/-).
        >
        > Skywatcher telescope is available for Rs.48000 + VAT +shipping (Total
        > cost around Rs.55000/-).
        >
        > Further Orion scope comes with one eyepiece and an 8x40 finder
        > whereas Skywatcher comes with two eyepieces, a barlow and a 9x50
        > finder.

        The price differences are similar here in Canada. For anyone outside
        the USA, SkyWatcher is almost always the better choice. I think you
        will be very pleased with this telescope; for many years my main
        telescope was an 8-inch f/7 reflector.

        Geoff

        --
        Geoff Gaherty