Re: [Telescopes] Re: Skywatcher Explorer 200P EQ5 Vs Orion SkyView Pro 8" Equatorial

  • Geoff Gaherty
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 12, 2012
      On 12/11/12 7:04 AM, SAKTHIVEL wrote:
      > 12.Similar scope is available from Orion but costlier than from Skywatcher.

      Pretty much identical, I suspect. I'm curious as to how big the price
      difference is in India, because it is quite substantial here in Canada.
      Pretty much what you would expect when the same telescope has to be
      shipped first from China to California, and then onward to its final
      destination. Here in Canada there is no duty on telescopes, but there
      is duty into the USA, so US Customs is added into the difference, as
      well as additional shipping.

      Geoff

      --
      Geoff Gaherty
      Foxmead Observatory
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 14, 2012
        > Pretty much identical, I suspect. I'm curious as to how big the price
        > difference is in India, because it is quite substantial here in Canada.
        > Pretty much what you would expect when the same telescope has to be
        > shipped first from China to California, and then onward to its final
        > destination. Here in Canada there is no duty on telescopes, but there
        > is duty into the USA, so US Customs is added into the difference, as

        > Geoff

        Here in India Orion Skyview Pro 8" is available for Rs.57000 + VAT (around 12%)+ shipping charges (Total cost Around Rs.65000/-).

        Skywatcher telescope is available for Rs.48000 + VAT +shipping (Total cost around Rs.55000/-).

        Further Orion scope comes with one eyepiece and an 8x40 finder whereas Skywatcher comes with two eyepieces, a barlow and a 9x50 finder.

        Sakthivel
        Coimbatore, India
      • Geoff Gaherty
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 15, 2012
          On 15/11/12 2:03 AM, SAKTHIVEL wrote:
          > Here in India Orion Skyview Pro 8" is available for Rs.57000 + VAT
          > (around 12%)+ shipping charges (Total cost Around Rs.65000/-).
          >
          > Skywatcher telescope is available for Rs.48000 + VAT +shipping (Total
          > cost around Rs.55000/-).
          >
          > Further Orion scope comes with one eyepiece and an 8x40 finder
          > whereas Skywatcher comes with two eyepieces, a barlow and a 9x50
          > finder.

          The price differences are similar here in Canada. For anyone outside
          the USA, SkyWatcher is almost always the better choice. I think you
          will be very pleased with this telescope; for many years my main
          telescope was an 8-inch f/7 reflector.

          Geoff

          --
          Geoff Gaherty