File - TT reminders

  • telescopes@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 326 , May 1, 2011
      Just a quick reminder about the many other features available to all members of Talking Telescopes. In addition to the message board, you are invited to look over the "Links", "Photos", "Files", "Database," and "Polls" sections.

      "Links" include members's favorite links to all sorts of astronomical topics. If you have a favorite web site, even if it's your own, add a link to it here. Please be sure to place it in the appropriate folder.

      Under "Photos" and "Files," you will find all sorts of things, ranging from photos of our equipment and ourselves, to reviews, links, and other miscellaneous items. Once again, feel free to add your own files or photos.

      In the "Database" (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/telescopes/database ) members post notes about what equipment they own. With more than 300 telescopes listed thus far, this list can provide you with instant access to people who may already own a piece of equipment that you are considering. Each entry includes a brief summary of the telescope's pros and cons. If you are looking for a specific telescope, it's always good to check the database to see if a member owns that telescope, and what they think of it.

      The Database is also where you will find our group Swap & Shop, where members can buy, sell, or trade items. Sure, you can still post to AstroMart and others, but why not also give us a chance to get into the action? If you are looking to buy or sell something, post it here. Members can also post one-time notices of ads on the message board that they have placed in the Swap and Shop. Note that you CANNOT post announcements on the list for items that you have for sale through other services, such as AstroMart, eBay, etc.

      We also run polls and surveys every now and then to test the waters on various issues. We ask that all poll questions be filtered through one of the list moderators (John Bambury, Chris Adamson, Kevin Dixon, Geoff Gaherty, or Phil Harrington) before posting.

      TT Moderators
    • telescopes@yahoogroups.com