Lurker rejoins

  • oak_conkers
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 3, 2011
      Hi, used to be in this group about 6yrs back but left, still lurked though as its a wealth of information, also know Geoff Gaherty, we live in the same general area and talked at a star party last year, anyway too many scopes, way to many binoculars, also got rid of scopes , some I miss, others I don,t.
      Current scope count is around 5 newts, 1 Cass: and 7 refractors, yup I,m a sick man,soft spot for binos as well,interests include military aircraft (I,m ex RAF) world band radio,beers of the world,good books,so their you go, looking forward to interesting posts and learning more, now if it would only warm up and stop snowing, cheers Dave.
    • Kevin Dixon
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 3, 2011
        Welcome back Dave. Great to have you on board.

        Where in the world do you store all those telescopes :)

        Clear skies,
        Kevin Dixon
        www.magnificentheavens.com

        From: oak_conkers

        Hi, used to be in this group about 6yrs back but left, still lurked though as its a wealth of information, also know Geoff Gaherty, we live in the same general area and talked at a star party last year, anyway too many scopes, way to many binoculars, also got rid of scopes , some I miss, others I don,t.
        Current scope count is around 5 newts, 1 Cass: and 7 refractors, yup I,m a sick man,soft spot for binos as well,interests include military aircraft (I,m ex RAF) world band radio,beers of the world,good books,so their you go, looking forward to interesting posts and learning more, now if it would only warm up and stop snowing, cheers Dave.

      • gahertyg
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 3, 2011
          --- In telescopes@yahoogroups.com, "oak_conkers" <oak_conkers@...> wrote:
          > Hi, used to be in this group about 6yrs back but left, still lurked though as its a wealth of information, also know Geoff Gaherty, we live in the same general area and talked at a star party last year

          Welcome back, Dave! It's good to see you here again. We're getting a club going in Orillia, and hope to see you there.

          http://www.orilliastars.org/

          > now if it would only warm up and stop snowing

          We've escaped from the snow for a couple of weeks to Tucson. Back home in a couple of days, alas!

          Geoff

          --
          Geoff Gaherty
          Foxmead Observatory
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 3, 2011
            The spare bedrom sir, oh their is an Astroscan in the middle of the dining room table, much nicer that flowers, oh a 8" dob in the living room by the fireplace, binos are scattered willy nilly around the place, yup I,m divorced,then theirs my collection of Aviation art, cheers Dave.

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 3, 2011
              Geoff, I tried to e-mail you a ways back but couldn,t get through, you did a talk at the Star party in Thornton last year and we had a brief chat, you looked a bit under the weather and said you had health issues, I do hope you are doing ok?, bit of a bummer this getting old,I found out that on top of other things I,m now diabetic, this severly crippled my attemps to comsume all the mince pies in North America last Christmas,just go to look up at the skies abit more, take care ,Dave.

              --- In telescopes@yahoogroups.com, "gahertyg" <geoff@...> wrote:

              > --- In telescopes@yahoogroups.com, "oak_conkers" <oak_conkers@> wrote:
              > > Hi, used to be in this group about 6yrs back but left, still lurked though as its a wealth of information, also know Geoff Gaherty, we live in the same general area and talked at a star party last year
              >
              > Welcome back, Dave! It's good to see you here again. We're getting a club going in Orillia, and hope to see you there.
              >
              > http://www.orilliastars.org/
              >
              > > now if it would only warm up and stop snowing
              >
              > We've escaped from the snow for a couple of weeks to Tucson. Back home in a couple of days, alas!
              >
              > Geoff
              >
              > --
              > Geoff Gaherty
              > Foxmead Observatory
              > Coldwater, Ontario, Canada
              > http://www.gaherty.ca

            • Corona Australis
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 3, 2011
                Welcome back!
                Beers of the world, I can relate to that.
                Cheers,CS
                Rob

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 4, 2011
                  "Current scope count is around 5 newts, 1 Cass: and 7 refractors, yup I,m a sick man,soft spot for binos as well"

                  The 1st Stowbridgian Psycho-astronomical theorem states: The probability of divorce from a non-astronomically minded spouse is proportional to the sum of the apertures owned.

                  Good luck!

                  Marc