Suggestions for Reflector For Vixen SXD Mount

  • mpalmer552003
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2009
      I have a Vixen SXD mount on which I currently use a Baby Q with a SBIG ST-10XME CCD camera and a CFW-10 filter wheel. The mount's rated load is around 50 pounds.

      I would appreciate anyone's thoughts/suggestions for a good relfector scope that could be handled by the SXD for astrophotography of DSOs along with any additional hardware to reduce coma or other problems common to relflectors. I would like to try to keep the total cost well below $4000, if possible.

      Has anyone had any experience with the new low cost RC's being advertised in Astronomy magazine ads?

      Any ideas woud be appreciated.

      Thanks,