Coronado PST--------coating problems resolved?

  • oak_conkers
    Message 1 of 32 , Jan 9, 2007
      Hi, just a question, did Coronado(Meade)finally resolve the
      coating "rust" problem on the PST objective, was it just a odd batch
      that were affected? and a particular year of manufacturing?.
      I bought mine in early 2005 and it appears to be fine but I
      am wondering if it will degrade in the future?, thankyou, Dave.
      PS, when did Meade buy Coronado out?
    • Jack Kramer
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 25, 2007
        From: "Corona Australis" <corona_australis@...>
        > I'm also hearing from a popular
        > solar observer group, that the quality of PST coming out of Irvine
        > are quite poor.

        Which is why I was prompted to order my PST as soon as I heard Meade had bought Coronado, hopefully before they had a chance to wreak havoc with the product.

        Jack Kramer
        Lily Lake, Illinois
        http://home.att.net/~jak.stargate/wsb/index.html