Re: Omega Centauri: Was XT12

  • jeffreyk1965
    Message 1 of 36 , Apr 1, 2005
      Hi,

      I live in South Florida (latitude 26 degrees)and I look forward to
      seeing Omega Centauri more than any other object! It looks terrific
      down here as it rises to about 15 degrees high. We can also see the
      star, Alpha Centauri, skirting just above the horizon!

      Clear skies,
      Jeff

      --- In telescopes@yahoogroups.com, "ubergroovin" <ubernator@h...>

      <crazy_eddie@j...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Joe,
      > >
      > > Are you serious? I saw Omega Centauri from Sacramento, CA,
      latitude
      > > 38, during the March new moon. It was only a binocular view,
      but
      > that
      > > is one HUGE globular cluster.
      > >
      > > Surely you can see it from Austin, TX.