[Telescopes] Uranometria (was: Help!)

  • Phil Harrington
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2000
      Message text written by INTERNET:telescopes@egroups.com
      >Could someone help me and tell, were I can order Uranometria 2000.0.
      Amazon is out, don´t have any copies. So is there any other place where I
      can try. And yes I know that this is a question about software, not
      hardware - forwarding it anyway!<

      Jyri,

      The Uranometria twins are out of print, but are apparently second editions
      going to be released sometime in the future. For now, you have a couple of

      1. Buy used. Look for the atlases on Astro-Mart or similar used equipment
      lists. You might also post a "wanted" notice in our group's "Swap and
      Shop," accessible in the group's vault on the web site.

      2. Look for them in used bookstores. A great link for this is
      http://www.abebooks.com (there are others as well, though this is the only
      one that I can recall off-hand).

      3. Buy something else. The Herald-Bobroff AstroAtlas is a great
      alternative. Search past messages using the "Search" tool from the group's
      web site to find out more information.

      4. Buy software, not hardware. Computer programs such as MegaStar, Guide,
      and The Sky show more than the Uranometria, plus let you customize the
      charts to your exact requirements. Set up the charts you want during the
      day, print them, and you are set yo go at night.

      Hope this helps.

      Clear Skies,
      Phil Harrington
      http://www.philharrington.homepage.com