Picture of a Sákbe road

  • Malcolm B. Heath
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2002
      Hello all.

      I was wondering if any of you could tell me where I have seen a picture of
      a sákbe road? I've got Brett's cross-section, but I remember seeing an
      illustration of a section of it; I know that there is one on the cover of
      one of the different worlds reprints of the sourcebook, with a general
      looking down at a section, and also another one, pen and ink, I believe,
      that shows a section really well, but I don't recall where it is.

      Does anyone know what I might be thinking of?

      Malcolm
    • kenandgiovanna
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2002
        --- In tekumel@y..., "Malcolm B. Heath" <malcolm@i...> wrote:
        > Hello all.
        >
        > I was wondering if any of you could tell me where I have seen a
        picture of
        > a sákbe road?

        Yeah, Ken drew it along with a variety of road towers and landscapes.
        Just a minute...

        "Hey Ken, where were those sakbe road pictures published?"
        "what sakbe road pictures?"
        "You know, the ones with the towers and stuff"
        "Oh those, I drew those from original sketches of Phil's and they were
        sent to a gamer in South Dakota. He published them in his 'zine, but
        they were later reprinted. There were one of the series published as
        the Battlefield Kibbitzer's Guides. They were handed out at cons
        during the '80's. Those are the ones I'm supposed to be sending off to
        Carl to publish".

        There you have it.

        Gio
      • Malcolm B. Heath
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2002
          Thanks for the info Gio, and the drawings, Ken. I'll look forward to
          seeing the next issue of the Seal, since I am assuming that is where
          they'll be published (the first battle kibbitzer's guide was).

          Malcolm

          On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, kenandgiovanna wrote:

          > --- In tekumel@y..., "Malcolm B. Heath" <malcolm@i...> wrote:
          > > Hello all.
          > >
          > > I was wondering if any of you could tell me where I have seen a
          > picture of
          > > a sákbe road?
          >
          > Yeah, Ken drew it along with a variety of road towers and landscapes.
          > Just a minute...
          >
          > "Hey Ken, where were those sakbe road pictures published?"
          > "what sakbe road pictures?"
          > "You know, the ones with the towers and stuff"
          > "Oh those, I drew those from original sketches of Phil's and they were
          > sent to a gamer in South Dakota. He published them in his 'zine, but
          > they were later reprinted. There were one of the series published as
          > the Battlefield Kibbitzer's Guides. They were handed out at cons
          > during the '80's. Those are the ones I'm supposed to be sending off to
          > Carl to publish".
          >
          > There you have it.
          >
          > Gio

          ---