Re: [tekumel] Online Game

  • Rob Robbins
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2000
      Hi everyone,
      How many players are you looking for, James? I, and I'm sure
      everyone else, have friends to swell the ranks if needed. If you're
      trying to figure out when to run a game, I'm in PST and so is David
      Peters. Saturdays or Sundays would work best for me. If you need
      encouragement,."GO...JAMES"!
      I looked over the Window site at http://www.mimgames.com/window/ and
      it seems well suited to the task, nice and simple. There'd be a few
      "What spells do I have?" questions; especially with newcomers to Tekumel
      like myself. I also wouldn't mind running on a freeform MUSH like
      TinyCWRU at http://tinycwru.tinymush.org/~tinycwru/
      Irony Games has an email dice server at
      http://www.irony.com/mailroll.html . I'd prefer to let the GM handle
      the dice. Irony also has a dice rolling web site he or she could use at
      http://www.irony.com/igroll.html .
      Now we pause for our Hail The Professor (HTP) moment. Well done! I
      haven't had such a gut reaction to a world since reading that Other
      Professor's works. Professor Barker created a world that leaps to life
      and quickens my pulse. It's amazing in its depth and detail, and I
      delight at each new piece of it I find.
      --
      Rob Robbins
      SmoggyRob@...
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2000
        Other Professor? I hope I've not suddenly been elevated to that exalted
        rank. My Ph.D. is still in progress and unless I'm very unlucky, I'll never
        be in academia after it's done. ;-)

        In any case, I'll take as many people as are willing to show up, although
        I'd prefer four to six. Like I said, this isn't a necessity; I just thought
        it might be fun to get a chance to play once in a while. If the interest is
        there, I'll be happy to oblige people.

        James David Maliszewski,
        Freelance Writer and Science Fiction Columnist, RPGnet
        http://www3.sympatico.ca/maliszew | <sf@...>
      • Andreas H. Baede
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1, 2000
          At 18:26 1-4-00 -0500, you wrote:
          >Other Professor? I hope I've not suddenly been elevated to that exalted
          >rank. My Ph.D. is still in progress and unless I'm very unlucky, I'll never
          >be in academia after it's done. ;-)
          >
          >In any case, I'll take as many people as are willing to show up, although
          >I'd prefer four to six. Like I said, this isn't a necessity; I just thought
          >it might be fun to get a chance to play once in a while. If the interest is
          >there, I'll be happy to oblige people.
          >
          >James David Maliszewski,
          >Freelance Writer and Science Fiction Columnist, RPGnet
          >http://www3.sympatico.ca/maliszew | <sf@...>

          >Yo, count me in !

          Andreas