Re: Beasts of Tsolyanu Kickstarter

  • uni_games
    Message 1 of 30 , Jul 14, 2013
      I'd hoped to launch it yesterday (Saturday) Mark, but they'e taking longer than expected to approve it. These things happen. I hear that Wednesdays aren't bad launch dates... I'll definitely announce here when it goes live!

      -Jeff Dee
      UNIgames

      "Mark Eggert" wrote:

      > Jeff,
      > When is it going live?
      >
      > Mark

    • uni_games
      Message 2 of 30 , Jul 16, 2013
        Approved! Launching TOMORROW, Wednesday 7/17. Preview it here, right now: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jeffdee/253224313?token=26b5916b

        This time for sure :)

        -Jeff Dee
        UNIgames

        "uni_games" wrote:

        > I'd hoped to launch it yesterday (Saturday) Mark, but they'e taking longer than expected to approve it. These things happen. I hear that Wednesdays aren't bad launch dates... I'll definitely announce here when it goes live!
        >
        > -Jeff Dee
        > UNIgames
        >

        > "Mark Eggert" wrote:
        > >
        > > Jeff,
        > > When is it going live?
        > >
        > > Mark

      • uni_games
        Message 3 of 30 , Jul 17, 2013
          Launched! Get signed prints of my all-new illustrations of the awesome land animals of Tekumel - from M.A.R. Barker's classic Empire of the Petal Throne tabletop RPG! Back it here:

          http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jeffdee/beasts-of-tsolyanu

          -Jeff Dee
          UNIgames
        • uni_games
          Message 4 of 30 , Jul 24, 2013
            "Circle of Columns: This site dates from at least the Engsvanyali times, and may possibly be even older than that. There is some possibility that this is connected with the One Other, although only an expert would know for sure..." - Gazetteer for the Northwest Frontier Map Set, (c)1986 M.A.R. Barker

            If my Beasts of Tsolyanu project reaches its initial funding goal by midnight Central time on Monday July 29, EVERY BACKER will receive a PDF copy of my new system-agnostic Tekumel adventure "The Circle of Columns", in addition to their prints and/or original artwork - even if they pledge only $1!

            The Circle of Columns is full of devious puzzles, ferocious creatures, theological lessons and historical wonders - and took my players 3 full sessions to complete. It's based upon Professor Barker's own tantalizing description of a site near Khirgar in the Empire of Tsolyanu.

            http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jeffdee/beasts-of-tsolyanu

            Thanks, everyone, for your support!
            -Jeff Dee
            UNIgames
          • uni_games
            Message 5 of 30 , Jul 27, 2013
              "Each room entrance is marked with a rune in the Tongue of the Dragon Lords (ancient N'lüssa). Trained Vimúhla or Chiténg priests and sorcerers who can read that language may be able to figure out an appropriate chant to provide safe passage through the room. They also know better than to abuse this knowledge, for example by [redacted]. Such abuses cause immediate Divine Retribution. Priests and sorcerers of other gods and non magic users who can read the Tongue of the Dragon Lords or who are scholars of the history of ancient N'lüssa also have a chance, albeit a smaller one. The chant must be spoken continually, at full volume, while passing through the room in order to protect everyone within it from the room's trap effect..." - an excerpt from the Circle of Columns Adventure!

              If my Beasts of Tsolyanu Kickstarter art project reaches its initial funding goal by midnight Central time on Monday July 29, EVERY BACKER will receive a PDF copy of my new system-agnostic Tekumel adventure "The Circle of Columns" in addition to their prints and/or original artwork. New backers can get the adventure even if they pledge only $1! We're very close, but we still have a little way to go. The adventure is full of devious puzzles, ferocious creatures, theological lessons and historical wonders! Check it out:

              [url]http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jeffdee/beasts-of-tsolyanu%5b/url]

              Thanks, everyone, for your continued support!
              -Jeff Dee / UNIgames
            • uni_games
              Message 6 of 30 , Jul 28, 2013
                I've been asked a couple of questions about the "Circle of Columns" adventure for Tekumel, which I'm offering as the prize for meeting the Backer Challenge of reaching the Beasts of Tsolyanu project's initial funding goal by midnight Central time on Monday, August 29.

                Q: Does this adventure represent "official" Tekumel?

                I'll submit it to the Tekumel Foundation for approval, and getting that approval would earn it an "Approved for Tekumel" label. Only materials published by the Foundation are "Official Tekumel".

                Q: Will there be any art in the adventure?

                Some. There will certainly be a map, possibly two maps. I'll also include some of the art I've produced in these Kickstarters. I'll scrounge around for Tekumel art I've done that you folks may not have ever seen before.

                Q: Will the adventure be available in print, or only as a PDF?

                Once the Backer Challenge is met, I'll add physical, printed copies of the adventure to the Backer Rewards. You'll be able to get them in exchange for a pledge (but you'll still get the PDF for free).

                Q: What if the Backer Challenge is NOT met?

                Then we'll be that much closer to passing the original funding goal, and unlocking the Stretch Goal drawings so you can all get the extra prints of the Friendly Nonhumans. And I'll keep the work I've done on the adventure in my files for eventual release as an adventure for my upcoming Bethorm: the Plane of Tekumel RPG. At that time, I will STILL give everyone who backed this project a free PDF.

                That's all for now. We're VERY close to reaching the initial funding goal on time to meet the challenge. Spread the word!

                Message 7 of 30 , Jul 29, 2013
                  Tonight is the deadline to unlock the Circle of Columns adventure PDF. Meeting this Backer Challenge will also leave almost 2 full weeks to attract additional backing to help unlock the friendly nonhuman drawings - resulting in more art prints for everyone.

                  So! If you'd like to receive a copy of this adventure, AND have the best chance of getting bonus prints, now is the time to act. Thanks so much for your support!

                  Message 8 of 30 , Aug 5, 2013
                    I'm posting late (due to being at Space City Con in Houston over the weekend) to make sure everyone knows that the Beasts of Tsolyanu project has met its initial funding goal. Otulengba!

                    This means that not only will I create the signed prints of monsters from TSR's classis Empire of the Petal Throne RPG, but EVERY backer will also receive a PDF of my new systemless Tekumel adventure, "The Circle of Columns"!

                    Please help spread the word as we move on to the stretch goals. At each stretch goal, a new drawing gets added to every full set of prints! First up is Ahoggya - a gruff, rotund nonhuman ally of Man.

                    Message 9 of 30 , Aug 7, 2013
                      The funding deadline for Beasts of Tsolyanu is Sunday Aug 11, at 11:59pm CDT. The basic goal has been met, and we're about halfway toward unlocking the first stretch goal: the Ahoggya.

                      Every stretch goal that's unlocked adds a print for every backer who pledges for a full set, and also adds a drawing to my library of illustrations for my upcoming RPG, Bethorm: the Plane of Tekumel. Every drawing that doesn't get funded through one of these Kickstarter projects increases the funding that will be necessary to complete Bethorm, because I'll still have to draw them all and I'll still need to be able to afford to do so. That's why I've been funding the artwork in this series of small batches: to spread out the cost.

                      So please support my Beasts of Tekumel project. You'll not only get prints of my artwork, you'll also be helping to make Bethorm: the Plane of Tekumel RPG a reality. AND you'll get a PDF of my Tekumel adventure, "The Circle of Columns", playable with any game system, even if you pledge as little as $1!

                      Message 10 of 30 , Aug 9, 2013
                        The Ahoggyá stretch goal for my Beasts of Tsolyánu art Kickstarter has been unlocked. Only $43 to go to unlock the Hláka (the Furred Flyer)!

                        Beasts of Tsolyánu is a project to create drawings of the fantastic alien land animals and friendly non-human races from Prof. MAR Barker's classic tabletop RPG, Empire of the Petal Throne. Backers get signed prints, or even original artwork!

                        Sunday, August 11 at 11:59 Central time is the deadline to back this project. Don't delay! Every stretch goal adds another print to every full set.

                        Message 11 of 30 , Aug 10, 2013
                          Thanks to my awesome backers, the Hláka stretch goal has been unlocked! Every full set of prints now includes both the friendly Ahoggyá and the Hláka nonhuman races in addition to all 12 of the land animals. The original artwork is also available! Next up is the hardy, gregarious Páchi Léi (the Forest Dweller).

                          TONIGHT (Sunday, August 11 at 11:59 Central time) is the deadline to back this project. Please act now!

                          Message 12 of 30 , Aug 11, 2013
                            Tonight (Sunday, August 11 at 11:59 Central time) is the deadline to back this project, and get signed prints or original artwork of my creature drawings inspired by Empire of the Petal Throne. The tunkul-gongs have begun to sound, so don't delay!

                            http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jeffdee/beasts-of-tsolyanu

                            Check some of my earlier EPT creature art here: http://jeffdee.deviantart.com/gallery/30742439

                            -Jeff Dee
                            UNIgames
                          • uni_games
                            Message 13 of 30 , Aug 12, 2013
                              FUNDED! My backers came through again, big time. The third stretch goal - the Pachi Lei - got unlocked. I'm very excited to get to work drawing all these super-cool creatures!

                              Here's my plan for the coming months. In October I'll launch the next Tékumel art Kickstarter - this time to create the wondrous flying creatures of Tékumel's starless skies. In December, I'll run one final art Kickstarter to go back and create the handful of Empire of the Petal Throne creature drawings that remain. Then, in February of 2014, I'll launch a final project to fund Béthorm: the Plane of Tékumel RPG itself.

                              I've run Béthorm for my own group for years, and these Tékumel art Kickstarters are helping to ensure that the published book will be illustrated as profusely as Professor Barker's amazing setting deserves. In the meanwhile, I'm working on a Béthorm preview that will allow you to take a handful or pre-generated Béthorm characters into battle against some Tékumel creatures, so you can get a taste of the system: That'll be a free PDF download, slated for September or October release.

                              Its been a long road, but the end is in sight. Thank you all so very much for your gracious support!

                              -Jeff Dee
                              UNIgames
                            • George Hammond
                              Message 14 of 30 , Aug 12, 2013
                                Congratulations on the Kickstarter success!

                                On Aug 12, 2013, at 6:06 PM, uni_games wrote:

                                > In the meanwhile, I'm working on a Béthorm preview that will allow you to take a handful or pre-generated Béthorm characters into battle against some Tékumel creatures, so you can get a taste of the system: That'll be a free PDF download, slated for September or October release.

                                !! This sounds like it would be a very suitable event for U-Con. Any potential GMs interested should let me know.

                                George
                              • uni_games
                                Message 15 of 30 , Aug 29, 2013
                                  Drawings from my third Tékumel / Empire of the Petal Throne art Kickstarter are beginning to appear on DeviantArt. Take a look!

                                  Ahoggya: http://fav.me/d6jsjdc
                                  Chlen: http://fav.me/d6jxy8b
                                  Chnelh: http://fav.me/d6k1x73
                                  Dnelu: http://fav.me/d6k6hgu

                                  Next up is the Dzór, the Forest Giant.

                                  -Jeff Dee
                                  UNIgames
                                • Karin Karejanrakoi

                                    Message 17 of 30 , Aug 30, 2013
                                      The new Reaper Bones "Rust Monster" is a pretty good match for a Dnelu!

                                      http://www.miniature-giant.com/Images-Reaper-Miniatures/77032.jpg

                                      Lacks the long neck, if that matters, and a third eye could be added.

                                      --- In tekumel@yahoogroups.com, Karin Karejanrakoi <nebussa@...> wrote:

                                      > More Dee brilliance!
                                      >
                                      > Thank you!
                                      >

                                      > On 30 August 2013 00:48, uni_games <unigames@...> wrote:
                                      >
                                      > > **
                                      > >

                                      > > Drawings from my third Tékumel / Empire of the Petal Throne art
                                      > > Kickstarter are beginning to appear on DeviantArt. Take a look!
                                      > >
                                      > > Ahoggya: http://fav.me/d6jsjdc
                                      > > Chlen: http://fav.me/d6jxy8b
                                      > > Chnelh: http://fav.me/d6k1x73
                                      > > Dnelu: http://fav.me/d6k6hgu
                                      > >
                                      > > Next up is the Dzór, the Forest Giant.
                                      > >
                                      > > -Jeff Dee
                                      > > UNIgames

                                    • uni_games
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Aug 31, 2013

                                        Check out the new Dzór drawing from my 3rd Tékumel / Empire of the Petal Throne RPG art Kickstarter. http://fav.me/d6kg8uk

                                        Next up is the Feshénga, the Many-Legged Serpent!

                                        Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jeffdee01

                                        -Jeff Dee

                                        UNIgames

                                      • uni_games
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Sep 2, 2013

                                           The new Feshenga drawing from my third Tekumel /  Empire of the Petal Throne art Kickstarter is up on DeviantArt for your enjoyment. http://fav.me/d6kqbt6

                                          I went back to Professor Barker's own Feshenga drawing, from the border of the War of Wizards map, for the visual reference on this one.

                                          Next up is the Hlaka, the Furred Flyer!

                                          The illustrations from that project will be featured in my upcoming RPG "Bethorm: The Plane of Tekumel"! http://bethorm.com/

                                          -Jeff Dee

                                          UNIgames

                                          Message 20 of 30 , Sep 4, 2013

                                            The Hlaka drawing is now on display. http://fav.me/d6l2ntn

                                            Next up is the Hyayu'u, the Whooper!

                                            UNIgames

                                            Pocket Universe System: Quicksilver, Teenage Demon Slayers

                                            Habilis System: Cavemaster

                                            Books: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uni_games

                                            PDFs: http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=91

                                          • uni_games
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Sep 9, 2013

                                              The new Hyahyu'u drawing from my third Tekumel / Empire of the Petal Throne art Kickstarter project is now on DeviantArt. http://fav.me/d6lp8bc

                                              Next up is the Kuruku (the Small Giggler)!

                                              Bethorm: the Plane of Tekumel

                                              Role-Play in MAR Barker's Empire of the Petal Throne

                                              Coming in 2014 from UNIgames

                                              Join the discussion! http://www.bethorm.com

                                              Message 22 of 30 , Sep 17, 2013

                                                The new Mnór drawing from my third Tekumel / Empire of the Petal Throne art Kickstarter is up on DeviantArt. Check it out! http://fav.me/d6mn9nc

                                                This is another case where I benefited greatly from scans of Professor Barker's own drawings, provided by the Tékumel Foundation.

                                                Next up is the Páchi Léi, the Forest Dweller!

                                                      Message 26 of 30 , Oct 2, 2013
                                                        Carl Brodt wrote:

                                                        "Do you have a guess at what the new RPG will sell for?

                                                        "I like your Tekumel sketches, by the way"

                                                        Thanks, Carl! I'd *like* it to come in at no more than $35 for a black & white softcover, but it's too soon to ay for sure.

                                                        -Jeff Dee
                                                        UNIgames

                                                      • uni_games
                                                        Message 27 of 30 , Oct 9, 2013

                                                          The new Tsi'il drawing from my third Tekumel / Empire of the Petal Throne art Kickstarter is now on DeviantArt. http://fav.me/d6ptd2g

                                                          Next up (and last, but not least) is the Zrne (the Barbed One)!

                                                          -Jeff Dee

                                                          UNIgames

                                                          ---

                                                          JD1: Cess-Pit of the Bog-Mother

                                                          Old School adventure by classic AD&D artist Jeff Dee!

                                                          http://www.rpgnow.com/product/119609/JD1-Cess-Pit-of-the-Bog-Mother

                                                          Message 28 of 30 , Oct 9, 2013

                                                            The final drawing from my third Tékumel / Empire of the Petal Throne art Kickstarter - the Zrné - is now on DeviantArt. http://fav.me/d6pw1ku

                                                            I'm also finishing up "The Circle of Columns", the system-agnostic Tékumel adventure which was a backer reward on this project. When completed, it will be available here: http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?cPath=271

                                                            In a few short weeks I'll launch another art Kickstarter, "Tékumel Skies" - featuring the fantastic flying monstrosities from this amazing setting!

                                                            In the meantime, you can join the forums at http://www.bethorm.com to follow and discuss the development of my upcoming RPG, Béthorm: the Plane of Tékumel!