Re: [Tekumel] Re: A cure for insomnia! Rejoice!

  • Karin Karejanrakoi
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 26, 2013
      "The book will also never be available for sale; I will be giving it away for free, as my goal in writing the thing is to tell Phil's own story through the medium of his game sessions with us - it is not being written to do anything more then help people in their understanding of Phil's world, and how he viewed it with us.

      It's being written to share with all of you my memories of my time with one of the most amazing and remarkable people I've ever met, and to try and tell my daughters (who helped quite a bit with taking care of Phil during his last illness) what he was like in his prime, and at the height of his powers.

      It's my very firm belief that anyone can 'run Tekumel' and enjoy Phil's creation; what my book is intended to do is give the reader a sense of the fun and excitement we had as we explored the world. Phil gave us the finest possible gift: an entire world to explore, and to have fun in; what he tried to do in his games was to share his love of "Action! Adventure! Romance!", in the best traditions of the Hollywood films he'd grown up with."

      Many, many, many thanks!

      On 27 April 2013 09:33, Chirine <chirine@...> wrote:

      Hello!

      Thanks for your post!

      --- In tekumel@yahoogroups.com, "mccarthy.roger@..." <roger.f.mccarthy@...> wrote:

      > As an insomniac I very much look forward to seeing more.
      >
      > Will chapters be uploaded to files here, are they already hosted online somewhere or will we actually see a paper or electronic version go on sale?

      I can upload files to here, but the current draft is some 4 Mb long without the artwork / graphics files. I'll check with Our Moderator off line and see what he'd allow.

      At this point, I would think that instead of uploading small incremental drafts, I'd prefer to upload every +10,000 words or so in order to keep more of the continuity of the narrative. I'll discuss this with my Editor, and see what she thinks.

      The book, in both draft and final form, will be hosted on-line, probably on a dedicated web site; we have an immense unused volume of on-line storage, so having the complete book with all the artwork available electronically is easy for us to do.

[...]

      Sorry about going on and on! I should also note that I will also be posting more about this project on my blog - I'm sorry, but I don't know how to cut-and-paste this as a working link:

      http://chirinesworkbench.blogspot.com/

      I've added a page on the book, and I'll be updating the notes as often as I can.

      yours, Chirine

    • mccarthy.roger@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 28, 2013
        --- In tekumel@yahoogroups.com, "Chirine" <chirine@...> wrote:

        > At this point, I would think that instead of uploading small incremental drafts, I'd prefer to upload every +10,000 words or so in order to keep more of the continuity of the narrative.

        This does sound epic and a window into how not just one but two of the founding fathers of our whole hobby GM'd and played (the ship landing in Sunraya story is wonderful).

        Look forward to the next thrilling installment.
      • Alva Hardison
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 28, 2013
          bless you!but i'd still pay for it!

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 28, 2013
            looks like there's guna be alot more info for Tekumel Lineages, Clans, and Notes!