Re: Going to St. Louis and NTRPG Con

  • tekuphile
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4, 2012
      Ngangmuru bruhaya lel Victor! (hope I spelled that right...)

      Thanks again for running the game. Had a great time.

      Sincerely,
      Matt Fischer

      PS- Yes, I'm still up because I'm now thinking about how to run that Tekumel campaign I've wanted to do for years!

      --- In tekumel@yahoogroups.com, Victor Raymond <badger2305@...> wrote:

      > Hey, everyone - I'm going to North Texas RPG Con. On the way there, Chris
      > Davis has kindly agreed to arrange for some Tekumel gaming in St. Louis.
      > Here's the info on this:
      >
      > Play Empire of the Petal Throne
      > Sunday June 3, 2012, Noon-5pm
      > At the Fantasy Shop in South County
      >
      > Game Title: The Jakallan Underworld
      > Game System: Empire of the Petal Throne
      > Number of players: between 3-8
      > Pregens/Level of characters: Pregenerated
      > World/Setting: The World of Tekumel
      >
      > Game Info: The legendary Jakallan Underworld, created by Prof. M.A.R.
      > Barker, using Empire of the Petal Throne rules. This is a classic "dungeon
      > delve" in the City Half As Old As the World. Come and dig into the lower
      > depths of the underworld, loot Bednalljan tombs, and flee for your lives at
      > the sound of high chiming and the smell of musty cinnamon.
      >
      > Victor Raymond will run his (in)famous adventure that centers in the
      > dangerous underworld beneath one of the biggest cities in the Empire. Are
      > you up to the challenge?
      > The game starts at around noon when the South County Fantasy Shop opens,
      > and we'll run until 5pm for dinner. And if there is continued interest, we
      > can continue after dinner at another location.
      > For information on Tekumel, go to http://www.tekumel.com and for
      > information on the Fantasy Shop's South County store,
      > http://fantasyshoponline.com/south-county-location/

    • Victor Raymond
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4, 2012
        Dear Matt,

        It was a LOT of fun! Glad you could make it, and send me any pictures that
        might've turned out. I suspect you could get Adam and Amy, Tom and Karin,
        Jeff and Chris to all play.

        Victor

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 6, 2012
          From my blog:

          Saturday afternoon, I started driving on my cross-country trek to go to North
          Texas RPG Con <http://ntrpgcon.com/>. First stop: St. Louis!

          Chris Davis of Blue Room fame <http://www.tekumel.com/blueroom.html> was
          kind enough to offer me some crash space at his place, since St. Louis was
          a decent seven hours from Madison, Wisconsin. Arriving late on Saturday,
          we went out for a late night meal and some discussion about the
          Tekumel<http://www.tekumel.com/index.html> game
          we were hosting the next day. Over pancakes and sausage, we "did sums" and
          came up with about a half-dozen likely players who had let him know of
          their interest in playing.

          The next morning, we got our stuff together and went off to the
          Fantasy Shop<http://www.fantasyshoponline.com/> on
          the south side of St. Louis. Store manager
          Josh<http://www.fantasyshoponline.com/south-county-store-staff/our-staff/12668657>
          was
          a fine host, and soon players arrived: Tom and Karin, Matt Fischer, Jeff as
          well as Chris and myself. They had a grand time venturing into the depths
          of the Jakallan Underworld, eventually finding a small shrine to Ksarul
          guarded by a dozen Shedra. It was Matt's character that was done in by the
          Shedra, which was fitting since he was an adherent of the Doomed Prince
          himself. The rest of the party survived just barely, and made their way
          back to the surface. We ended the game, and Josh helped out by taking
          pictures of everyone using Matt's camera. (Hey, Matt! Can we see them
          sometime...?)

          Saying goodbye to Josh, and joined by latecomers Adam and Amy, we all went
          next door to the Shogun Japanese Steakhouse, and had a great meal with lots
          of knives flying in artistic patterns. We ended the evening playing more
          Tekumel at Chris' house, and talked into the wee hours of the morning about
          gaming, gaming history, and what made Old School gaming so special.

          NEXT: Driving to Dallas-Fort Worth!

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 11, 2012
            Greetings Victor,

            I will try and remember to post those pictures soon. I have made myself a note now, so it's just down to whether I can keep from losing the note. :)

            Matt

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 15, 2012
              Thanks, Matt! It was blast having you there!