Resin Ahoggya...

  • Howard
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2012
      Just posted a pic of the upcoming Ahoggya on our blog:

      http://thetekumelproject.blogspot.ca/

      or, more directly:

      http://thetekumelproject.blogspot.ca/2012/04/resin-ahoggya.html

      The arms will be done in metal. The plan is to supply extra arms with each set but I am looking for feedback on what sort of arm combos people might be looking for.

      You can see the arm variants here:

      http://thetekumelproject.blogspot.ca/2010/07/ahoggya-ho.html

      Regards,

      Howard Fielding
      The Tekumel Project
    • Christopher Kearney
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2012
        Howard,

        Thanks for the update on the new mini. I have been really excited about the upcoming monsters and non-human figures. This one looks awesome! Being new to the site, I was wondering if there was plans to update the miniature catelog? If this question has already been asked, my apologies. As far as feedback considering what arm combinations, I like the idea of three hand to hand weapons plus shield with a set of variant arms holding missile weapons and having empty hands. Lastly, exactly where do I become a member? Thanks.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2012
          Hi Christopher,

          Glad you like our figures!

          There are plans to do a new catalogue, and I am way behind updating the site. It's a bit embarrassing really, how far behind I am! As far as catalogue goes what I really want to do is some sort of Annual, though this hasn't progresses beyond the vague concept stage yet.

          Re. Ahoggya - all those arm combinations are available. There is a picture of the greens on the blog. I guess what I was asking is how to package the set.

          Current thinking is for the armoured Ahoggya to be one set. and the unarmoured another. For the armoured version, I was planning to include 10 of the pole weapons and then a random mix of 30 other arms, plus 10 extra arms to allow for some choice. The unarmoured Ahoggya would be 50 more-or-less random arms. Of course, I would make sure that no arm was excluded and that crossbow arms all had quivers to go with them, and probably an empty-handed arm as well.

          Not sure how much the arms are going to cost - the molds came to $400, but the individual arms should be just a few cents each. (plus labour, of course!) We are going to be ordering them by "the spin" rather than "100 of type A", etc.

          To become a Tekumel Club Member you first have to decide on what level - the most common level purchased is 40% off (Molkar) and costs $50. This is technically for the year though in practice I keep extending memberships as releases have ben so slow - I don't want anybody to feel cheated! If releases ever achieve a steady rate of release it will be for the year. Maybe we will achieve that this year!

          What do we do with the Membership fees? All the fees are used to pay the sculptors, casters/moldmakers, and artists who do work for us. The long time goal is for the Tekumel Club memberships to fund all such costs but that is a long way off. Currently I pay for everything personally and sales are a long way from making up the difference. Sales revenue goes back into paying for miniatures as well.

          To join just send me an email.

          Best Regards,

          Howard Fielding
          The Tekumel Project