Steve Nanny has passed away.

  • Stephen Nanny
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 6, 2011
      My name is Bill Owen and It is my sad duty to inform all of you in the
      Tekumel group that Steve Nanny is no longer with us. After a long fight in
      the hospital Steve went into the unending gray on 6/1/11 at 6:10 and has
      begun to stride the paths of the excellent dead. I wanted to let your
      group know since he so loved the empire of the petal throne and you all
      deserve to know why his posts no more.

      Bill Owen

    • Brett Slocum
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 6, 2011
        I'm sorry to hear of his death. My condolences.
        ---
        Brett Slocum <brett.slocum@...>

        On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 4:51 PM, Stephen Nanny
        <stephenc75652@...>wrote:

        > My name is Bill Owen and It is my sad duty to inform all of you in the
        > Tekumel group that Steve Nanny is no longer with us. After a long fight in
        > the hospital Steve went into the unending gray on 6/1/11 at 6:10 and has
        > begun to stride the paths of the excellent dead. I wanted to let your
        > group know since he so loved the empire of the petal throne and you all
        > deserve to know why his posts no more.
        >
        > Bill Owen

      • Kenneth Oswald
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 6, 2011
          Bill, thank you so much for the post. I didn't know Stephen, but I did read
          his posts as I am a fellow Tekumel enthusiast. It was obvious that he loved
          this realm. Please accept my condolences and well wishes to you and to
          Stephen's friends and family. He will indeed be missed.

          Ken Oswald

          <stephenc75652@...>wrote:

          > My name is Bill Owen and It is my sad duty to inform all of you in the
          > Tekumel group that Steve Nanny is no longer with us. After a long fight in
          > the hospital Steve went into the unending gray on 6/1/11 at 6:10 and has
          > begun to stride the paths of the excellent dead. I wanted to let your
          > group know since he so loved the empire of the petal throne and you all
          > deserve to know why his posts no more.
          >
          > Bill Owen

          Opinion is the blanket one sticks their head under so they may sleep.

        • Joseph M. Saul
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 6, 2011
            I am very sorry to hear this. He'd been a member of our community for a
            long time, and was a well respected poster here.

            -- Joe

            On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Stephen Nanny
            <stephenc75652@...>wrote:

            > My name is Bill Owen and It is my sad duty to inform all of you in the
            > Tekumel group that Steve Nanny is no longer with us. After a long fight in
            > the hospital Steve went into the unending gray on 6/1/11 at 6:10 and has
            > begun to stride the paths of the excellent dead. I wanted to let your
            > group know since he so loved the empire of the petal throne and you all
            > deserve to know why his posts no more.
            >
            > Bill Owen

          • Ksarul
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 6, 2011
              My condolences on the loss of Steve. I truly enjoyed his insight on things
              Tekumel. Many thanks for informing us of his passing, Bill!

              Jim Fetzner

              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 6, 2011
                Very sorry to hear of Steve's passing. As I understand it, he had family here in
                TN and had been planning on visiting them and we were going to get together for
                dinner and conversation. Alas, that is never to be now. He had not said that
                anything was amiss. I just hope it was as swift and as painless a transition as
                possible.  Alva

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 6, 2011
                  So very sorry to hear of Stephen's passing. He will be missed here, I'm
                  sure.

                  On 06/06/2011 04:51 PM, Stephen Nanny wrote:

                  > My name is Bill Owen and It is my sad duty to inform all of you in the
                  > Tekumel group that Steve Nanny is no longer with us. After a long fight in
                  > the hospital Steve went into the unending gray on 6/1/11 at 6:10 and has
                  > begun to stride the paths of the excellent dead. I wanted to let your
                  > group know since he so loved the empire of the petal throne and you all
                  > deserve to know why his posts no more.
                  >
                  > Bill Owen

                • Karin Karejanrakoi
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 6, 2011
                    I'm very sorry to hear this and offer sincere condolences to Stephen's
                    friends and family.

                    His contributions to discussions on matters Tekumelyani were greatly
                    appreciated and will be sorely missed.

                    Sally Abravanel

                  • Joe Kovar
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 6, 2011
                      Thank you, Bill.

                      Rest in peace, Steve.

                      Regards,
                      JK

                      Unencumbered by knowledge, I push on.

                      Do you have trouble staying awake at night? Then go to www.crn.com<http://www.crn.com/>, type "kovar" into
                      the keyword search, click the search button, and read any of those stories. Guaranteed to
                      keep anyone who is passionate about storage or the channel awake!

                      For even more excitement, feel free to leave comments, criticisms, and questions for
                      any of those stories.
                      Joseph F. Kovar, Senior Editor, Storage/Server/Data Center Writer Guy, and Friend of the Channel!
                      Everything Channel | CRN
                      joe.kovar@...<mailto:joe.kovar@...> | (office) 949-223-3620

                      Accelerating Technology Sales
                      www.EverythingChannel.com<http://www.everythingchannel.com/>
                      www.crn.com<UrlBlockedError.aspx>

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 7, 2011
                        This is very sad news! My deepest condolences to the family.

                        Howard Fielding
                        The Tekumel Project

                        --- In tekumel@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Nanny" <stephenc75652@...> wrote:

                        > My name is Bill Owen and It is my sad duty to inform all of you in the
                        > Tekumel group that Steve Nanny is no longer with us. After a long fight in
                        > the hospital Steve went into the unending gray on 6/1/11 at 6:10 and has
                        > begun to stride the paths of the excellent dead. I wanted to let your
                        > group know since he so loved the empire of the petal throne and you all
                        > deserve to know why his posts no more.
                        >
                        > Bill Owen

                      • Andreas Baede
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 7, 2011
                          I am really sad to hear this. He'll be missed.
                          My condolences to Steve's family and friends.

                          Andreas Baede

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 8, 2011
                            I'm very sorry to hear this. My condolences to his family and friends.

                            -Jeff Dee
                            UNIgames

                            "Stephen Nanny" wrote:

                            > My name is Bill Owen and It is my sad duty to inform all of
                            > you in the Tekumel group that Steve Nanny is no longer with
                            > us. After a long fight in the hospital Steve went into the
                            > unending gray on 6/1/11 at 6:10 and has begun to stride the
                            > paths of the excellent dead. I wanted to let your group know
                            > since he so loved the empire of the petal throne and you all
                            > deserve to know why his posts no more.
                            >
                            > Bill Owen
                          • Bruce Hubbell
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jun 8, 2011
                              My condolences.  I only knew him by his posts, but he will be missed.

                              Bruce Hubbell

                              Message 14 of 14 , Jun 13, 2011
                                I am very sad to hear of this; Steve was a true fan of Tekumel. He will
                                definitely be missed.

                                Victor