Re: He's at it Again

  • Howard
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 1, 2010
      awesome.. are the prior events recorded - I recall problems with the summoning..

      --- In tekumel@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Vossler" <stephenvossler@...> wrote:

      > Victor Vossler, a student at California Institute of Arts, will be performing another musical composition based on the world of Tekumel.
      >
      > This time the Cal Arts Percussion Ensemble will be performing a piece entitled "Pe Choi Dance", a highly athletic piece for drums and xylophones.
      >
      > His prior compositions include:
      > Morning Hymn to Thumis
      > Karakan March of Thunder
      > and most recently
      > The Summoning of Origob
      >
      > The concert will be performed, Thursday, December 9, 2010 - 8:00pm PDT
      > CalArts, Roy O. Disney Music Hall, as one of several percussion pieces.
      >
      > You can check out the Cal Arts performance schedule at
      > http://calarts.edu/event/2010-12-09/percussion-ensemble
      >
      > P.S. I know the ROD (Roy O. Disney Music Hall) has a live web cam for those who want to view the performance. I will have Victor send me that link to post here as the school does not list in on their web-site.

    • Brett Slocum
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 1, 2010
        Is the campus still standing after the summoning of Origob?

        --
        ---
        Brett Slocum
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 1, 2010
          Is it canon?

          Regards,
          JK

          Unencumbered by knowledge, I push on.

          Do you have trouble staying awake at night? Then go to www.crn.com, type "kovar" into
          the keyword search, click the search button, and read any of those stories. Guaranteed to
          keep anyone who is passionate about storage or the channel awake!

          For even more excitement, feel free to leave comments, criticisms, and questions for
          any of those stories.
          Joseph F. Kovar, Senior Editor, Storage Writer Guy, and Friend of the Channel!
          Everything Channel | CRN
          joe.kovar@...<mailto:joe.kovar@...> | (office) 949-223-3620

          Accelerating Technology Sales
          www.EverythingChannel.com<http://www.EverythingChannel.com>
          www.crn.com

            --- In tekumel@yahoogroups.com<mailto:tekumel%40yahoogroups.com>, "Stephen Vossler" <stephenvossler@...> wrote:

            > Victor Vossler, a student at California Institute of Arts, will be performing another musical composition based on the world of Tekumel.
            >
            > This time the Cal Arts Percussion Ensemble will be performing a piece entitled "Pe Choi Dance", a highly athletic piece for drums and xylophones.
            >
            > His prior compositions include:
            > Morning Hymn to Thumis
            > Karakan March of Thunder
            > and most recently
            > The Summoning of Origob
            >
            > The concert will be performed, Thursday, December 9, 2010 - 8:00pm PDT
            > CalArts, Roy O. Disney Music Hall, as one of several percussion pieces.
            >
            > You can check out the Cal Arts performance schedule at
            > http://calarts.edu/event/2010-12-09/percussion-ensemble
            >
            > P.S. I know the ROD (Roy O. Disney Music Hall) has a live web cam for those who want to view the performance. I will have Victor send me that link to post here as the school does not list in on their web-site.

          • George Hammond
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 1, 2010
              On Dec 1, 2010, at 12:16 AM, Stephen Vossler wrote:

              > Victor Vossler, a student at California Institute of Arts, will be performing another musical composition based on the world of Tekumel.

              This is wonderful and strange. It would be great if the performances could be recorded. Are the scores being published or distributed?

              regards,

              George
            • Stephen Vossler
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 1, 2010
                There will be an audio recording of the performance, the video is limited to the low quality web cam inside the Roy O Disney Music Hall.

                They have performed this at least 2 other times so this performance should be the most polished.

                Stephen Vossler

                --- In tekumel@yahoogroups.com, George Hammond <geestar3@...> wrote:

                > On Dec 1, 2010, at 12:16 AM, Stephen Vossler wrote:
                >
                > > Victor Vossler, a student at California Institute of Arts, will be performing another musical composition based on the world of Tekumel.
                >
                > This is wonderful and strange. It would be great if the performances could be recorded. Are the scores being published or distributed?
                >
                > regards,
                >
                > George

              • Zane H. Healy
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 1, 2010
                  Any chance of someone recording it on a good video camera? This is
                  something worth preserving!

                  Zane

                  At 11:28 PM +0000 12/1/10, Stephen Vossler wrote:
                  >There will be an audio recording of the performance, the video is
                  >limited to the low quality web cam inside the Roy O Disney Music
                  >Hall.
                  >
                  >They have performed this at least 2 other times so this performance
                  >should be the most polished.
                  >
                  >Stephen Vossler
                  >
                  >--- In tekumel@yahoogroups.com, George Hammond <geestar3@...> wrote:
                  >>

                  >> On Dec 1, 2010, at 12:16 AM, Stephen Vossler wrote:
                  >>
                  >> > Victor Vossler, a student at California Institute of Arts, will
                  >>be performing another musical composition based on the world of
                  >>Tekumel.
                  >>
                  >> This is wonderful and strange. It would be great if the
                  >>performances could be recorded. Are the scores being published or
                  >>distributed?
                  >>
                  >> regards,
                  >>
                  >> George

                  | healyzh@... | OpenVMS Enthusiast |
                  | | Photographer |
                  | My flickr Photostream |
                  | http://www.flickr.com/photos/33848088@N03/ |
                • Stephen Vossler
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 2, 2010
                    As you can see from their schedule of performances, California Institute of the Arts will put on literally hundreds of performances in any given year. (music, theater, composition, mime, videography, etc.) The Wild Beast or the ROD Music Hall are not their premier venues and thus can not afford top notch video equipment. (Yes this is the school that spends 20 grand on a Halloween party)

                    I was going to ask Victor if he could bring his laptop and skype the performance. That would probably be superior to the old web cam they have in the theater.

                    --- In tekumel@yahoogroups.com, "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh@...> wrote:

                    > Any chance of someone recording it on a good video camera? This is
                    > something worth preserving!
                    >
                    > Zane
                    >

                    > At 11:28 PM +0000 12/1/10, Stephen Vossler wrote:
                    > >There will be an audio recording of the performance, the video is
                    > >limited to the low quality web cam inside the Roy O Disney Music
                    > >Hall.
                    > >
                    > >They have performed this at least 2 other times so this performance
                    > >should be the most polished.
                    > >
                    > >Stephen Vossler
                    > >
                    > >--- In tekumel@yahoogroups.com, George Hammond <geestar3@> wrote:

                    > >>be performing another musical composition based on the world of
                    > >>Tekumel.
                    > >>
                    > >> This is wonderful and strange. It would be great if the
                    > >>performances could be recorded. Are the scores being published or
                    > >>distributed?
                    > >>
                    > >> regards,
                    > >>
                    > >> George

                    > --
                    > | Zane H. Healy | UNIX Systems Administrator |
                    > | healyzh@... | OpenVMS Enthusiast |
                    > | | Photographer |
                    > +----------------------------------+----------------------------+
                    > | My flickr Photostream |
                    > | http://www.flickr.com/photos/33848088@N03/ |

                  • Carl Brodt
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 2, 2010
                      Alternatively, perhaps Victor could make a latter private recording for distribution?

                      ===
                      Posted through Grouply
                      Create your own group!
                      www.grouply.com