archive?

  • hamchuck.1234
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 3, 2009
      Is there an archive for rare Tekumel manuscripts anywhere?

      Like perhaps in the U of Minnesota library or the St. Paul Municipal Library local history archives or perhaps the library of congress?

      If not this might be a project someone might wish to put together. If accessible by inter-library loan who knows what might come out of it?

      Peter Huston
    • Victor J. Raymond
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 4, 2009
        Dear Peter,

        Glad you are thinking about this; the Tekumel Foundation is investigating this.
        Just a reminder, the Tekumel Foundation was incorporated earlier this year by
        Prof. Barker and others as a support for Tekumel activities.

        The difficulty in all of this is not where to store any materials, but how to
        make sure they can be accessed. Professional storage requires support. Support
        needs to be financed. So this is something that we want the right solution for,
        not the most immediate.

        Victor Raymond

        > Is there an archive for rare Tekumel manuscripts anywhere?
        >
        > Like perhaps in the U of Minnesota library or the St. Paul Municipal Library
        local history archives or perhaps the library of congress?

        > If not this might be a project someone might wish to put together. If
        accessible by inter-library loan who knows what might come out of it?

        > Peter Huston

        Victor Raymond
        vraymond@...
      • Alva Hardison
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
          this is the first i've heard of this and i think it is very much needed and i'd be willing to donate a couple $ to the cause. is there anything more info you can part with on it?

          Glad you are thinking about this; the Tekumel Foundation is investigating this.
          Just a reminder, the Tekumel Foundation was incorporated earlier this year by
          Prof. Barker and others as a support for Tekumel activities.

          The difficulty in all of this is not where to store any materials, but how to
          make sure they can be accessed. Professional storage requires support. Support
          needs to be financed. So this is something that we want the right solution for,
          not the most immediate.

          Victor Raymond

          > Is there an archive for rare Tekumel manuscripts anywhere?
          >
          > Like perhaps in the U of Minnesota library or the St. Paul Municipal Library
          local history archives or perhaps the library of congress?

          > If not this might be a project someone might wish to put together. If
          accessible by inter-library loan who knows what might come out of it?

          > Peter Huston

          Victor Raymond
          vraymond@iastate. edu

        • George Hammond
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
            On Sep 4, 2009, at 10:54 AM, Victor J. Raymond wrote:

            > ...the Tekumel Foundation is investigating this.
            > Just a reminder, the Tekumel Foundation was incorporated earlier
            > this year by
            > Prof. Barker and others as a support for Tekumel activities.

            ??

            Like Alva, this is the first I've heard of such a foundation, and I
            would like to learn more.

            regards,

            George
          • Stephen Nanny
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
              Me too

              ________________________________
              On Sep 4, 2009, at 10:54 AM, Victor J. Raymond wrote:

              > ...the Tekumel Foundation is investigating this.
              > Just a reminder, the Tekumel Foundation was incorporated earlier
              > this year by
              > Prof. Barker and others as a support for Tekumel activities.

              ??

              Like Alva, this is the first I've heard of such a foundation, and I
              would like to learn more.

              regards,

              George

            • a1batross
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
                The Tekumel Foundation is a nonprofit 503(C) established in 2008 to serve as the literary executor for the estate of its president, Professor M.A.R. Barker. Both Professor Barker and his wife are members of the board of the Tekumel Foundation, which is intended to protect the intellectual property rights surrounding Professor Barker's creative efforts regarding the Empire of the Petal Throne, Tekumel, and related works.

                The intent is that those persons and organizations who are presently producing Tekumel-related works under existing agreements with Professor Barker himself shall continue to do so under similar arrangements with the Tekumel Foundation.

                More information will be forthcoming as soon as it is available, we're still all figuring this stuff out too.

                --- In tekumel@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Nanny <stephenc77098@...> wrote:

                > Me too
                >

                > ________________________________

              • Sally Abravanel
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
                  Me three (or is it four?)

                  And kudos on setting up the Foundation!

                  Cheers,

                  Sal

                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
                    Great stuff!

                    The Tekumel Foundation is a nonprofit 503(C) established in 2008 to serve as the literary executor for the estate of its president, Professor M.A.R. Barker.  Both Professor Barker and his wife are members of the board of the Tekumel Foundation, which is intended to protect the intellectual property rights surrounding Professor Barker's creative efforts regarding the Empire of the Petal Throne, Tekumel, and related works.

                    The intent is that those persons and organizations who are presently producing Tekumel-related works under existing agreements with Professor Barker himself shall continue to do so under similar arrangements with the Tekumel Foundation.

                    More information will be forthcoming as soon as it is available, we're still all figuring this stuff out too.

                    --- In tekumel@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Nanny <stephenc77098@...> wrote:

                    > Me too
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                  • Peter Huston
                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 7, 2009
                      Seriously, if you ever need to make some bucks, might I suggest selling degrees and reverend-ships.

                      I'd actually fork over a small amount of cash for a degree in Tekumel studies, even an unaccredited one, but I would wish to actually pass a test or something and show that I really do deserve it.

                      Peter Huston

                      BA, MA, MS Candidate,

                    • Sally Abravanel
                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 7, 2009
                        It certainly would be a feather in one's cap!

                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 7, 2009
                          I'm curious about how the Foundation is going to handle licensing and fan-created material?

                          Later,
                          Mark A. Siefert

                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 8, 2009
                            --- In tekumel@yahoogroups.com, Peter Huston <hamchuck.1234@...> wrote:

                            > Seriously, if you ever need to make some bucks, might I suggest selling degrees and reverend-ships.
                            >
                            > I'd actually fork over a small amount of cash for a degree in Tekumel studies, even an unaccredited one, but I would wish to actually pass a test or something and show that I really do deserve it.

                            Especially if you could have a rather nice degree certificate, in Tsolyani, of course.

                            I'd be interested in supporting the Foundation in some way if possible.

                            Mark
                          • Smaller, Brian C
                            Message 13 of 18 , Sep 8, 2009
                              Why not - I already have a framed Degree in Occultology from Miskatonic
                              U on my office wall.

                              ________________________________

                              Message 14 of 18 , Sep 9, 2009
                                --- In tekumel@yahoogroups.com, "Smaller, Brian C" <brian.smaller@...> wrote:

                                > Why not - I already have a framed Degree in Occultology from Miskatonic
                                > U on my office wall.

                                And I have an old photo I.D. that identifies me as an agent of the KGB...written in Cyrillic. :)Amazing what one could purchase at gaming cons in the 80's neh ?
                              • Smaller, Brian C
                                Message 15 of 18 , Sep 9, 2009
                                  Too true.

                                  I was thinking that these degree mills might not be such bad places
                                  after all :)

                                  ________________________________

                                  <mailto:tekumel%40yahoogroups.com> , "Smaller, Brian C"

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Sep 9, 2009
                                    Yes! I had alway wondered what would happen after the good Prof "moved on". So now the lagacy is safe.

                                    From: Stephen Nanny <stephenc77098@ yahoo.com>
                                    To: tekumel@yahoogroups .com

                                    Me too

                                    ____________ _________ _________ __
                                    On Sep 4, 2009, at 10:54 AM, Victor J. Raymond wrote:

                                    > ...the Tekumel Foundation is investigating this.
                                    > Just a reminder, the Tekumel Foundation was incorporated earlier
                                    > this year by
                                    > Prof. Barker and others as a support for Tekumel activities.

                                    ??

                                    Like Alva, this is the first I've heard of such a foundation, and I
                                    would like to learn more.

                                    regards,

                                    George

                                  • ixionix
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Sep 24, 2009
                                      I would like additional information on the "Tekumel Foundation" as I too am interested in preserving the legacy of MAR Barker's unique creation that is Tekumel.

                                      Stephen Vossler

                                      --- In tekumel@yahoogroups.com, "a1batross" <albatross@...> wrote:

                                      > The Tekumel Foundation is a nonprofit 503(C) established in 2008 to serve as the literary executor for the estate of its president, Professor M.A.R. Barker. Both Professor Barker and his wife are members of the board of the Tekumel Foundation, which is intended to protect the intellectual property rights surrounding Professor Barker's creative efforts regarding the Empire of the Petal Throne, Tekumel, and related works.
                                      >
                                      > The intent is that those persons and organizations who are presently producing Tekumel-related works under existing agreements with Professor Barker himself shall continue to do so under similar arrangements with the Tekumel Foundation.
                                      >
                                      > More information will be forthcoming as soon as it is available, we're still all figuring this stuff out too.
                                      >
                                      > --- In tekumel@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Nanny <stephenc77098@> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > Me too

                                    • George Hammond
                                      Message 18 of 18 , May 29, 2014
                                        On May 29, 2014, at 08:22 AM, "Stephen Posey stephenlposey@... [tekumel]" <tekumel@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                        Is there anyone on the list with sufficient inroads to the foundation's officers to ask if they can provide some official commentary on the matter?

                                        The contact address for the Foundation is info@...

                                        At least three of the six board members listed on the Foundation website are members of this group.

                                        cheers,

                                        George