Re: Mapping Project and T:EPT Temple Spell Questions

  • camcleod2001
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2009
      > So, after poking around in the Files section, and looking at all
      >the
      > maps, quite nice, those, I was wondering if anyone had done, or
      >knows
      > of, expanded data for the hex Jakalla is in.
      > I am running out of Jakalla at the present, and want to push
      >everyone
      > into the countryside for a bit. So, before I go nuts developing
      >the
      > environment, I was hoping someone else had, and I could make use
      >of
      > their work.... Canon stuff would be the best, but anything would
      >be great.

      Chris

      Just saved a map I drew years ago (probably in the 80s??)in the
      files section.
      It's of the Jakalla Hex 2814 based on the large country map and the
      city map from the original rules.
      I decided one day to draw up some individual hexes at larger scale
      using the city and Sakbe Road locations as a start point and used my
      imagination for most everything else.
      First off, I make NO claim that it is anywhere near accurate, it's
      NOT canon, the cities and towns are probably not to scale, etc.

      It's in the Files section, Tekumel Land Grab, file 'EPT-Jakalla-
      1.jpg'

      http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/sGGGSa_Hh5PXxuV9ph2cZ48mk3FL08NAOY9LZXa0
      y7_B7qWB9W92eOX2fjLXndf2hBG6cLqiQAQcX1T_v0aUvy8ywN_kHQR9_w/Tekumel%
      20Land%20Grab/EPT-Jakalla-1.jpg

      Feel free to use it as you wish.

      The scan didn't turn out the best, but Jakalla is based on the city
      map, cities and villages are in hatched yellow with fields around in
      green. Can't remember how I came up with the names.
      Populations are based on some books I found on population density
      and city sizes in ancient cultures.
      The coast and rivers in blue, minor roads in pencil, Sakbe road has
      forts every 5 miles, general slope shown with hatched lines.

      Cliff
    • Chris Stanley
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 3, 2009
        First, thanks Cliff! That's what I was looking for. Canon or not, it's
        better than what I have. The scan is fine, at least on this end.
        Second, as promised, here are the Thumis Temple Spells from Gardasiyal, that
        were not converted to T:EPT. Ketengku is tacked on to the end, without "The
        Scrutiny of the Omniscient Eye", as it has been giving me fits. The spell
        specializations are so scattered I am having a hard time reconciling them in
        the new system.

        Third, with everyone's permission, I am wanting to consolidate the spells
        for a single folder, either here or at the Tekumel:EPT group, if they want
        them. I think the T:EPT group has more space available. Let me know if that
        is okay, if you posted spells here. Credit given where due, editing (on my
        part) will be noted.

        Lastly, Victor Raymond has kindly pointed out that the name I was using was
        a bad snipe. Hopefully, this post, and all future ones, will reflect
        mycurrent character's name (and not someone else's!), one Fathmei
        vuMakkochaqu, Red Flower of Lnoris.

        Here's the spells, enjoy!

        Chris

        *Thumis **Temple** **Spells***

        Spell Name:* *Healing (Alleviation)* *

        *Spell Group: Body*

        Temple Affiliation: Thumis

        Magic: Ritual Temple

        Prerequisites: None

        Level: 3

        Preparation Time: 1 Round

        Range: Touch

        Area of Affect: 1 Target

        Duration: Instantaneous

        *Base Effect*: As per the Universal Healing spell. These are Spell
        Specializations of the Healing Spell only available to priests of the Templeof
        Thumis.

        *Spell Specializations*:

        *Greater Alleviation (Radiation Variant):* The use of this spell will cure
        the radiation sickness sometimes encountered while exploring the ruined
        cities and installations constructed before the Time of Darkness. No other
        effects are generated. *Range*: 2 Meters *Prerequisites*: Increased Range 1,
        Increased Effect 3, Greater Alleviation

        *Greater Alleviation (The Zu'ur Variant)*: This variant can sometimes cure
        an addiction to the lethal pleasure drug Zu'ur. A D10 is rolled: 1-6 = the
        addict is cured and spends three days recovering his full health; 7-9 = he
        remains addicted. The roll is made again in exactly six days; 10 = the
        target enters the last stages of Zu'ur addiction: a catatonic coma. In this
        last case only one more attempt to can be made to cure him and a D10 is
        rolled. If he does not score a 1-6 this time, he dies the following week and
        cannot be revivified. Spells of Healing, "Eyes", etc. are useless against
        Zu'ur. No other effects are generated. *Preparation Time*: 10 Minutes *Range
        *: Touch *Duration*: Permanent *Prerequisites*: Increased Effect 5, Greater
        Alleviation, Greater Healing

        *Spell Name: Discerner of Enchantments*

        Spell Group: Planar

        Temple Affiliation: Thumis

        Magic: Psychic Temple

        Prerequisites: Perception of the Energies, Ensorcellation

        Level: 5

        Preparation Time: 3 Rounds

        Range: 5 Meters

        Area of Affect: 1 Target

        Duration: Instantaneous

        *Base Effect*: The caster is informed of the exact name, level, and
        characteristics (Attributes and Specializations) of a spell cast upon an
        object or individual. This version only works on Universal spells. The
        targeted spell saves as its caster.

        *Spell Specializations*:

        *Increased Power (Generic Spells): *As above, but this version also works on
        Generic Spells (spells useable by only a subset of Temples).

        *Increased Power (Lower **Temple** **Spells**): *As above, but this version
        also works on Temple Spells no greater than Level 5.
        *Prerequisites:*Increased Power (Generic Spells)

        *Increased Power (Eyes): *The identity of an "Eye" and the number of charges
        it contains are revealed when it is touched by the caster. *Preparation
        Time:* 1 Minute *Range:* Touch *Prerequisites:* Increased Power (Generic
        Spells)

        *Increased Power (**All** **Temple** Spells): *As for Increased Power (Lower
        Temple Spells), but this version now includes all Temple Spells, of any
        Level. *Prerequisites: *Increased Power (Lower Temple Spells), Increased
        Power (Eyes)

        Spell Name:* *Guiding

        Spell Group: Mind

        Temple Affiliation: Thumis

        Magic: Psychic Temple

        Prerequisites: None

        Level: 6

        Preparation Time: 1 Minute

        Range: Touch

        Area of Affect: Caster

        Duration: 10 Minutes

        *Base Effect*: The caster is infallibly guided along his previous course.

        *Spell Attributes*:

        *Increased Duration:* +10 Minutes per level, maximum 2 levels.

        *Spell Specializations*:

        *Increased Power (Dark Vision):* As above, but also provides the caster with
        the ability to see as if in daylight to a range of 5 meters in low-light and
        dark, but not no-light, conditions.

        *Increased Power (Extra-Sensory Vision):* As above, but the caster has the
        ability to see secret doors in walls no more than 5 meters from him as he
        passes. *Prerequisites:* Increased Power (Dark Vision)

        *Increased Power (Super-Sensory Energy):* As above, but the caster also
        perceives traps, nexus points, revolving walls, etc.
        *Prerequisites:*Increased Power (Extra-Sensory Vision)

        Spell Name:* *Healing (Non-Human)

        Spell Group: Body

        Temple Affiliation: Thumis

        Magic: Ritual Temple

        Prerequisites: Healing, Greater Healing

        Level: 5

        Preparation Time: 1 Round

        Range: Touch

        Area of Affect: 1 Target

        Duration: Instantaneous

        *Base Effect*: As per the Healing spell, but this version is for non-Human
        targets, including animals, Demons, and Other-Planar creatures. This assumes
        that the base Universal Healing Spell is species specific, or at least
        common-genetic specific.

        *Spell Attributes*:

        *Increased Range: *+2 Meters per level, maximum 1 level.

        *Increased Area of Effect: *+1 target per level. Maximum of 2 levels. For
        scale, Shen or Ssu sized creatures count as two creatures, while Ahoggya and
        Hluss, or larger, count as three. Tinaliya sized creatures count as half
        for this attribute. (1 level heals 3 Tinaliya).

        *Increased Effect: *+1 Margin of Success additional Health Points per
        level, maximum 4 levels.

        *Spell Specializations*:

        *Regeneration:* As per the normal Regeneration. *Prerequisites:* Increased
        Effect 4

        *Greater Healing:* As per the normal Greater Healing.
        *Prerequisites:*Increased Effect 4, Increased Range 1, Increased Area
        of Effect 1,
        Regeneration

        Spell Name:* *The Preserver of Wisdom

        Spell Group: Manifestation

        Temple Affiliation: Thumis

        Magic: Ritual Temple

        Prerequisites: None

        Level: 4

        Preparation Time: 1 round

        Range: 1 Meter

        Area of Affect: 1 target

        Duration: 10 years

        *Base Effect*: This enchantment preserves paper, parchment, vellum, or
        cloth for 10 years against all rot, mildew, and insects. The target is one
        normal book, scroll, or document.

        *Spell Attributes*:

        *Increased Duration:* x10 duration per level, maximum 2 levels.

        *Increased Area of Effect:* x10 number of targets per level, maximum 1 level

        *Spell Specializations*:

        *Increased Resistance: *This variant is proof against all natural fire, as
        well as water damage, moulds, and fungi. Other features as for the base
        effect. *Prerequisites:* Increased Duration 1

        *Increased Resistance (Planar Proof):* This variant as for Increased
        Resistance, but the target is also made proof against interplanar
        teleportation. The target cannot be teleported or put through a nexus point.
        *Prerequisites:* Increased Resistance

        *Magical Scroll: *The target of this variant is a magical scroll. After use
        of the scroll, roll D10: 1-4, the scroll is useable again, but only once;
        6-10, the scroll is unusable again, as normal. Otherwise, as Increased
        Resistance. *Prerequisites:* Increased area of Effect 1, Increased
        Resistance (Planar Proof)

        *Magic Book: *The target of this variant is a magical book. Otherwise, as
        for Magical Scroll. *Prerequisites:* Increased Duration 2, Magical Scroll

        Spell Name:* *Sagacious Acquisition* *

        Spell Group: Mind

        Temple Affiliation: Thumis

        Magic: Psychic Temple

        Prerequisites: None

        Level: 12

        Preparation Time: 10 Minutes

        Range: Touch

        Area of Affect: 1 target

        Duration: 1 year

        *Base Effect*: The target of this spell may learn a Skill of maximum 3
        point cost at half cost. Normal skill advancement rules apply. No combat or
        magical skills or spells may be learned. The skill to be learned must be
        declared at casting, as well as a single specialization, if appropriate.
        Catch-all skills require a focus. Languages are included, but only one per
        casting. This spell may be cast on a target only once per year.

        *Spell Attributes*:

        *Increased Level:* +1 maximum point cost per level, maximum of 2 levels.

        *Ketengku **Temple** **Spells*

        Spell Name: Bridge of Noble Passage

        Spell Group: Manifestation

        Temple Affiliation: Ketengku

        Magic: Ritual Temple

        Prerequisites: None

        Level: 3

        Preparation Time: 1 round

        Range: 2 Meters

        Area of Affect: Not Applicable

        Duration: 2 Minutes

        *Base Effect*: A bridge 1 meter wide and 3 meters long is created in front
        of the caster. It is made of a hard, grayish substance, with no handrails or
        visible supports. It can also fit into a smaller space. It can support one
        creature up to the size of a Shen at one time. There must be an anchor point
        at both ends of the bridge.

        *Spell Attributes*:

        *Increased Size:* +3 meters of length, +.5 meter of width, and double
        carrying capacity per level, maximum of 2 levels.

        *Increased Duration:* +2 minutes per level, maximum of 4 level

        *Spell Specializations*:

        *Increased Power (Staircase):* A staircase 2 meters wide and 4 meters long
        appears in front of the caster. The staircase can be made to go up or down.
        *Prerequisites:* Increased Size 1

        *Increased Power (Insubstantial):* A bridge or staircase is created as
        above. This structure can be made insubstantial (though still fully visible)
        at any time after the spell is cast. *Preparation Time:* 2 rounds *Duration:
        * 5 Minutes *Prerequisites:* Increased Duration 1, Increased Power
        (Staircase)

        *Increased Power (Pontoon Bridge):* A flat "pontoon" 4 meters long and 3
        meters wide is created in front of the caster. It holds as many as 10
        armoured humans and their gear. As the caster reaches the far end it
        shortens behind him and extends in front of him continuously. This variant
        is cast on water, bogs, and flat surfaces. It cannot be cast over air,
        magical barriers, or sorcerous or other-planar rivers. *Preparation Time:* 5
        rounds *Duration:* 20 minutes *Prerequisites:* Increased Size 2, Increased
        Duration 4, Increased Power (Insubstantial)

        Spell Name: Pearl Grey Citadel

        Spell Group: Manifestation

        Temple Affiliation: Ketengku

        Magic: Ritual Temple

        Prerequisites: None

        Level: 8

        Preparation Time: 1 Round

        Range: Caster

        Area of Affect: Not Applicable

        Duration: 10 Minutes

        *Base Effect*: A rippling, opaque, iridescent cylinder of pearly grey energy
        appears around the caster. It can be as much as 5 meters high and 3 meters
        in diameter. Nothing can penetrate this cylinder in either direction. Unless
        cast within a closed area, the citadel has no roof and is open on top.

        *Spell Attributes*:

        *Increased Duration:* +10 minutes per level, maximum 2 levels

        *Spell Specializations*:

        *Increased Power (Larger):* As above, but this variant has a 6 meter height
        and 6 meter diameter. The caster can will this cylinder to have a roof. It
        the contains enough air to maintain one person for 6 hours. *Preparation
        Time:* 1 Minute *Duration:* 8 Hours *Prerequisites:* Increased Duration 2

        *Increased Power (Largest):* As above, but the diameter of this variant is
        10 meters. If enclosed, it has enough air to maintain a person for 18 hours.
        *Preparation Time:* 1 Minute *Duration:* 1 Day *Prerequisites:* Increased
        Power (Larger)

        On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 13:22, camcleod2001 <cmcleod@...> wrote:

        > > So, after poking around in the Files section, and looking at all
        > >the
        > > maps, quite nice, those, I was wondering if anyone had done, or
        > >knows
        > > of, expanded data for the hex Jakalla is in.
        > > I am running out of Jakalla at the present, and want to push
        > >everyone
        > > into the countryside for a bit. So, before I go nuts developing
        > >the
        > > environment, I was hoping someone else had, and I could make use
        > >of
        > > their work.... Canon stuff would be the best, but anything would
        > >be great.
        >
        > Chris
        >
        > Just saved a map I drew years ago (probably in the 80s??)in the
        > files section.
        > It's of the Jakalla Hex 2814 based on the large country map and the
        > city map from the original rules.
        > I decided one day to draw up some individual hexes at larger scale
        > using the city and Sakbe Road locations as a start point and used my
        > imagination for most everything else.
        > First off, I make NO claim that it is anywhere near accurate, it's
        > NOT canon, the cities and towns are probably not to scale, etc.
        >
        > It's in the Files section, Tekumel Land Grab, file 'EPT-Jakalla-
        > 1.jpg'
        >
        > http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/sGGGSa_Hh5PXxuV9ph2cZ48mk3FL08NAOY9LZXa0
        > y7_B7qWB9W92eOX2fjLXndf2hBG6cLqiQAQcX1T_v0aUvy8ywN_kHQR9_w/Tekumel%
        > 20Land%20Grab/EPT-Jakalla-1.jpg
        >
        > Feel free to use it as you wish.
        >
        > The scan didn't turn out the best, but Jakalla is based on the city
        > map, cities and villages are in hatched yellow with fields around in
        > green. Can't remember how I came up with the names.
        > Populations are based on some books I found on population density
        > and city sizes in ancient cultures.
        > The coast and rivers in blue, minor roads in pencil, Sakbe road has
        > forts every 5 miles, general slope shown with hatched lines.
        >
        > Cliff

        You may play with any word you like...it's the rules! - Pilz-E

      • Brett Slocum
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 3, 2009
          I'd put them into the T:EPT list, if not both. This would be excellent.

          Brett Slocum
          <slocum@...>

          See my writing website: http://brettslocum.com/

        • David
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 4, 2009
            Hi!

            Please feel free to use anything I posted, and please feel free to
            edit as needed.

            Thanks,
            David.

            --- In tekumel@yahoogroups.com, Chris Stanley <marshall.banana2@...>

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 4, 2009
              David:
              Thanks for the go ahead!

              I have placed the the Thumis and Ketenku spells I have converted in the
              Files section of the tekumel-rpg Yahoo Group, with Joe Saul's kind
              permission. Look for a folder labeled Non-Converted Temple Spells. They are
              in both Word (2003) and RTF (Rich Text Format) files.

              I am currently working on the Sarku and Durritlamish spells, and hope to
              have them up in the next few days.

              Chris