RE: [tekumel] Re: d20 - what's the point?

  • Ian Sturrock
    Message 1 of 41 , Sep 1, 2005
      Thomas Worthington wrote:

      > d20 drains the colour from everything
      > it touches,
      > leaving only the pap behind. It doesn't even do D&D well!

      Please at least wait and see the d20 version of the game for yourself, or at
      a bare minimum read a review of it, before assuming it's going to be
      complete rubbish. I know it will have something of an uphill struggle to
      convince many hardcore Tekumel fans, but I'm fairly sure it will bring the
      setting to gamers who never would have experienced it otherwise. I'm almost
      as certain that some (even if a minority) of the established Tekumel fans
      will prefer to play the d20 version rather than any other one, for whatever
      reason.

      --
      Ian Sturrock
    • Peter Gifford
      Message 41 of 41 , Sep 4, 2005
        Sorry ... wrong subject header ...

        That Tekumel newbie on the Tekumel forums (in Tekumel:TEPT topic)
        really needs some enthusiastic and erudite replies to his question
        about the new game and Tekumel in general. Go show him we're not a
        maudlin bunch! ;)
        Peter