Re: [tekumel] Re: Despirately seeking...

  • Muhammad Barker
    Message 1 of 35 , Apr 7 7:05 AM
      Dear Mr. Turgon1971,

      As a matter of complete irrelevance, I was born in Spokane, Washington
      a long time ago. I always liked Spokane, although I never lived there.
      My family moved around Washington and Idaho until I went off to the
      Linguistics Department of the U. of California.

      As for Barker Road, It probably is related to somebody in my family
      back somewhere. My ancestors came to this country in 1626 and settled
      in Massachusetts. According to the nice lady who wrote the Barker
      Genealogy, all northern Barkers go back to two brothers who came over
      here and started the American branch of the family.(There are also
      southern Barkers, who are apparently not related.) We originated in
      Shropshire, England, and got into all sorts of trouble in the middle
      ages. I am a distant cousin of the Phil Barker who produces miniatures
      rules. He told me there are other "Phil Barkers" who always seem to be
      involved with similar things: e.g. there's a "Phil Barker" who
      excavated Maiden Castle in England, another who wrote (writes?) science
      fiction TV dramas for the BBC, etc. Who knows?

      The funniest story is told by the lady genealogist about a certain
      distant cousin who was arrested in the 1600's for witchcraft in New
      England. He was accused of "kissing Satan's Secret Book." He apologised
      and promised never to do it again, and thereafter was forgiven and let
      off!

      Best regards.

      Phil

      On Apr 6, 2005, at 11:44 PM, turgon1971 wrote:

      > I am pretty sure that Spokane is a nexus point that draws power and
      > life out of the world. It is my theory that everyone will eventually
      > be sucked into Spokane and out into an alien world which is locally
      > called Airway Heights, but that is another story.
      >

      > Scott, a hereto unknown aspect of Qon.
      > --- In tekumel@yahoogroups.com, Peter Gifford <head@u...> wrote:
      >> More OT, but even me way down in Sydney Australia has been to
      > Spokane.
      >> I visited the offices of Cyan (creators of Myst, Riven etc) while
      >> there, and then spent several days snowed in alone in a hotel room
      >> recoding the parts of the realmyst.com website that I had accidently
      >> trashed just after finishing it in a hotel room in San Francisco ...
      >> ... I think I started to go a bit loopy in that hotel room, working
      > in
      >> Flash all day and walking across to Subway in the snow for meals ...
      >> Peter
      >>

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Hugh K. Singh
      Message 35 of 35 , Apr 7 8:03 PM
        I think it's the cult of "The One's Who Wanna Be", as the Pariah Diety
        here in PDX. But I don't follow the Pariah Dieties that closely.
        Hugh