Nipples, Art and D20...

  • croesawu@xs4all.nl
    Message 1 of 49 , Mar 1, 2005

      > I cannot agree more with #3. Due to it's very nature, Tekumel can be
      > extremely intimidating to gamers. Guardians had said months ago that they
      > were doing a D20 version as well, so why waste time arguing about it. Some
      > people had been concerned about whether or not Tekumel could appeal to the
      > 15-25 crowd. Since most gamers are male that should not be much of a
      > problem with the right artwork.( Several have commented on the nipple
      > count in the new book. Think of all the warrior maids in fantasy artwork
      > in chainmail bikinis. Need I say more?)

      In these days of downloading porn and pictures of a gazillion beautiful,
      exotic-looking women, I seriously doubt "nipples" are as much a selling
      point as they used to be. Perhaps in combination with some nifty artwork,
      perhaps, by, for instance, Jean Torton / Jeronaton:
      http://www.bedetheque.com/Couvertures/Amazones_31122002.jpg
      http://www.bedetheque.com/Couvertures/EternelVoyage1.jpg
      http://www.bedetheque.com/Couvertures/champakou01b.jpg

      (He is, by the way, a respected artist who has done a lot of "historical"
      work, right now he's working on a second volume on the Mayas)

      The cover for the never-published TOME version of Mitlanyal would have
      been nice too...whatever happened with that piece of art?

      But again, that kind of art *costs*.

      And even if you go that way, I wonder if the "15-25" crowd will be able to
      "chew" into the setting - there will be exceptions, of course, probably
      mostly in the combined history/ancient civilization/fantasy junkie group.
      But I have no idea how many of those are around.

      Anyway, if there's going to be a D20 book, there's going to be a D20 book.
      Any additional buzz is good.

      By the way, Monte Cook has some interesting points to say on the state of
      D20 on his site, you can find this here:
      http://www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?mc_los_123
    • Andreas Baede
      Message 49 of 49 , Apr 5, 2011
        Bleh. Well, the original looked way cooler.

        Gah, I think it looks horrible. Here's one to cheer me up:
        http://www.toonpool.com/user/3729/files/the_human_sacrifice_701645.jpg

        Regards,

        Andreas