Re: Book of Ebon Bindings

  • kurvanas@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 31, 2004
      In a message dated 1/31/2004 1:06:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      tekumel@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > I have expanded my list of demonic powers to include the demons listed
      > in the Book of Ebon Bindings and the powers that are associated with
      > each of them. If anybody is interested I will send you this list. If
      > anyone wants to post it on the Tekumel website, go ahead.
      > John Dewey

      I haven't heard this book mentioned in a decade or more. Bought it original
      back in the 1980s I believe, in a red stock cover with gold print (why, I ask,
      if it was supposed to be a book of ebon bindings?), from Zacchis dice store,
      of all places, in Mississippi. remember his dice? The best. Anyway,
      interesting to see this book still out there, surfacing again. It was a fascinating
      read and I used it some as reference and/or fertile soil in college when
      writing fiction and philosophy papers.

      John, could you send me your list and let me see what you are doing?

      Cheers,

      Thomas

    • J. Dewey
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 1, 2004
        Sure. Enjoy.

        kurvanas@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 1/31/2004 1:06:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        > tekumel@yahoogroups.com writes:
        >
        > > I have expanded my list of demonic powers to include the demons listed
        > > in the Book of Ebon Bindings and the powers that are associated with
        > > each of them. If anybody is interested I will send you this list. If
        > > anyone wants to post it on the Tekumel website, go ahead.
        > > John Dewey
        >
        > I haven't heard this book mentioned in a decade or more. Bought it original
        > back in the 1980s I believe, in a red stock cover with gold print (why, I ask,
        > if it was supposed to be a book of ebon bindings?), from Zacchis dice store,
        > of all places, in Mississippi. remember his dice? The best. Anyway,
        > interesting to see this book still out there, surfacing again. It was a fascinating
        > read and I used it some as reference and/or fertile soil in college when
        > writing fiction and philosophy papers.
        >
        > John, could you send me your list and let me see what you are doing?
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Thomas

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • David Reese
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 1, 2004
          kurvanas@... wrote:

          > In a message dated 1/31/2004 1:06:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          > tekumel@yahoogroups.com writes:
          >
          > > I have expanded my list of demonic powers to include the demons listed
          > > in the Book of Ebon Bindings and the powers that are associated with
          > > each of them. If anybody is interested I will send you this list. If
          > > anyone wants to post it on the Tekumel website, go ahead.
          > > John Dewey

          Good to see your powers are expanding, John! Seriously, thanks for
          updating this list.

          > I haven't heard this book mentioned in a decade or more. Bought it
          > original
          > back in the 1980s I believe, in a red stock cover with gold print
          > (why, I ask,
          > if it was supposed to be a book of ebon bindings?), from Zacchis dice
          > store,
          > of all places, in Mississippi.

          Funny you didn't bump into me - I bought the last copy of EB at Zocchi's
          in Gulfport. (It's only an hour's drive from Picayune, which is where I
          was living at the time...) [Yeah, at least one list member lives in, of
          all places, Mississippi. ;-) ]

          > remember his dice? The best.

          Remember? I still hold the record for a dice grab from the infamous
          "Jar-O-Dice" (I grabbed and extracted 23 dice in one hand.) as far as I
          know. Of course, since their divorce, Lou now only runs the
          publications and warehouse end of the business, and Sharon got the
          store. I haven't been there in several years, and don't even know if
          it's still open. (Last time I was that way it had become a rather rough
          part of town... lots of tatoo parlors, adult bookstores, and the like...)

          > Anyway,
          > interesting to see this book still out there, surfacing again. It was
          > a fascinating
          > read and I used it some as reference and/or fertile soil in college when
          > writing fiction and philosophy papers.

          TOME did a reprint of EB, didn't they? Is it any better than the
          original - larger print or anything like that? I thought ZotPub had
          plans to reprint it, also, or am I wrong about that?

          Later On,
          Dave
        • JosephCovert@juno.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 2, 2004
            Divorce!?

            That's tragic! They were perfect together.

            Anyone know if the store's still open?

            JDC

          • arumel9
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 2, 2004
              --- In tekumel@yahoogroups.com, JosephCovert@j... wrote:
              > Divorce!?
              >
              > That's tragic! They were perfect together.
              >
              > Anyone know if the store's still open?

              hello,
              Just to let you know Zottola Publishing, Inc. will be redoing the
              Book of Ebon bindings in 2004, we will be including new material
              along with some updating to the material, probably will be released
              4th qtr 2004.

              Joe Zottola
              Zottola Publishing, Inc.
            • albatross@albatross.org
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 2, 2004
                --- In tekumel@yahoogroups.com, David Reese <horus@n...> wrote:
                > kurvanas@a... wrote:
                > TOME did a reprint of EB, didn't they? Is it any better than the
                > original - larger print or anything like that?

                The TOME copy is unfortunately missing several key elements to
                various glyphs. The Four Oblongs of Surety, for example, are missing
                their anchor glyphs, rendering them nearly useless to the sorceror.
                The last time someone tried to use one of the TOME diagrams, well,
                let's just say that we all remember him fondly...
              • carlbrodt@grouply.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 21, 2010
                  Just so everyone knows, unless I have misplaced some copies (which I doubt), I only have about 6 left in inventory, so if you're going to order the Book of Ebon Bindings, it would be good if you did so now.