Wise Sayings of Vimuhla

  • pizzij
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2002
      "Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a night.
      Set him on fire and you keep him warm the rest of his life."

      --David Aitken

      First post for August...after that lame month of july...164
      posts...cha!

      For those who have been asking...yes, David Aitken Lives!

      David has been sighted, alive and well in the far west of the empire,
      tho he has developed and unnatural obsession with studying the Deeps
      of Chanayaga...

      he thought this not clever enough to post...but I do. Call me easily
      amused...but this speaks to me.
    • bradjohnson_20002000
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2002
        OK, you're easily amused.

        "The true Salarvyani merchant will sell the pole for his own
        impalement." (Apologies to Lenin)

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2002
          --- In tekumel@y..., "bradjohnson_20002000"

          > "The true Salarvyani merchant will sell the pole for his own
          > impalement." (Apologies to Lenin)

          This could get ugly...I just happen to have a copy of The Portable
          Curmudgeon here...quote city! ;-) I suspect that Ambrose hiBierce
          was a priest of Wuru.

          Hnalla-ite, n. One who believes that the Supernal Book of the Blazing
          Radiance is a divinely inspired book admirably suited to the
          spiritual needs of his neighbor. One who follows the teachings of
          Hnalla in so far as they are not inconsistent with a life of
          satisfying his desires

          Adherent of Stability, n. A statesman or theologian who is enamored
          of existing evils, as distinguished from the Adherent of Change, who
          wishes to replace them with others.

          CONTEMPT, n. The feeling of a prudent man for an enemy who is too
          formidable safely to be opposed.
        • onechance2many
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2002
            lol
            So you're easily amused. Apparently so am I.

            Bruce