Re: Dragon Magazine #004 and #011 as PDF (and is anyone going to Origins?)

  • onechance2many
    Message 1 of 26 , Jul 1 1:33 AM
      --- In tekumel@y..., "lord_sepulchrave" <clementk7@a...> wrote:
      --snip--
      > For some reason I thought there was at least another issue with
      > EotPT material in those Dragon pdfs. Now I have to go through my
      > set again.
      >
      > - Kevin
      >
      > Off topic: Is anyone going to Origins this week? Assuming Guardians
      > of Order is there I'll ask about Tekumel when I check on Zepplin
      > Age and Silver Age Sentinels.

      The last issue of the Strategic Review was a Tekumel issue. There
      were other scattered articles as I recall. Glen Rahman's (? spelling)
      article on the adventurer class pops to mind immediately TD 27 IIRC.
      A search of the CD-Rom Dragon Magazine Archive should turn them up.

      No Origins for me, although Gen Con looks like a go.

      Bruce
    • lord_sepulchrave
      Message 2 of 26 , Jul 8 6:49 PM
        --- In tekumel@y..., "onechance2many" <b_hub@p...> wrote:
        > --- In tekumel@y..., "lord_sepulchrave" <clementk7@a...> wrote:
        > > Off topic: Is anyone going to Origins this week?
        >
        > No Origins for me, although Gen Con looks like a go.
        >
        > Bruce

        Spotted a few copies of Mitlanyal at the Atlas Games/SJ Games booth.
        Booth guy explained about Prof. Barker a bit and I explained I already
        had the book, was glad to see it for sale, and plugged the GOO game.

        They had a loose draft copy of Nyambe: African Adventures which I
        almost mistook for a stack of flyers. Very interesting to see if a
        non-traditional fantasy setting for D20 does well. This was part of
        trend I noticed in displaying draft/proof copies of upcoming releases
        though all the others were bound. I hope this trend continues.

        Asked GOO about Tekumel who had no firm release date. I told them I
        would prefer to have it finished and well done than rushed and that it
        sounded good from what I'd heard so far.

        Picked up their BESM and SAS fast play rules though and am comparing
        them to the online drafts. Looking good ruleswise. The SAS ltd.
        edition looked very good but I bought too many boardgames to pick it
        up at the con.

        There were flyers for UCon there.

        Attendence was up even though it was back to the 4th of July weekend
        and there seemed to be more of everything. (except WotC) Hopefully
        this will be the case for GenCon.

        -Kevin