Re: Problem with ControllerGUI

  • randeepsingh74
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2, 2005
      The ControllerGUI is not connecting with Aibo, it keeps saying
      Reconnecting... but does not connect.

      The cygwin window shows

      $./ControllerGUI 192.168.0.88
      [10020] connecting ...
      [10053] connecting ...

      The ControllerGUI screen comes up but it does not connect.

      I opened a command window and do:

      telnet 192.168.0.188 59000

      it shows lot of data, and some menu items from (0...7> Help)

      When I does Aibo buttons on the back it gives out some sounds.

      I made the Memory Stick using the binary available from Tekkotsu site.

      Please help me out.

      Thanks,

      --- In tekkotsu_dev@yahoogroups.com, "randeepsingh74" <randeep@i...>
      wrote:

      > I found out the problem! I had CLASSPATH defined for in some other
      > directory!
      > I removed that and the ControllerGUI screen came up :))
      > Aibo's battery is flat now :(
      >
      > Hope eveything will run fine now :)
      >
      > Thanks
      >

      > --- In tekkotsu_dev@yahoogroups.com, "Harm Aarts" <haarts@c...>
      wrote:
      > > That is true because ControllerGui is a script not a java class.
      try

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 2, 2005
        Perhaps this is a typo, but you're giving two different IP addresses...
        $./ControllerGUI 192.168.0.88
        [10020] connecting ...
        [10053] connecting ...
        [...]
        telnet 192.168.0.188 59000

        Also, if you are using a dhcp server, it might be moving your Aibo's IP address around (unless you've configured it not to)
        To determine the Aibo's IP address:
        1. turn off e-stop (double-tap back so that the LEDs turn off)
        2. hold down the head and chin buttons for 2 seconds
        It should then speak the IP address, as well as flash it on the face LED panel

        Another possibility is that there is another ControllerGUI already running -- only one can be connected at a time to any given robot.  Commonly what happens is if several people are in a lab, one leaves their Controller running, and then another starts to use the robot, but the original user's Controller "steals" the connection first.

        A variant is if the connection is killed, the Aibo may not realize it has lost the original connection, and won't accept any new ones.  The solution is to either reboot the Aibo, or cause some data transmission (press back buttons during estop to select different menu items)  Then the network stack will realize the remote side has disappears and will start listening for a new connection.

        That's everything I can think of.

        -ethan

      • randeepsingh74
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 7, 2005
          I have assigned a static IP to my aibo (192.168.0.188) (that was a
          typo).

          I did two things and the problem is now solved, but I have got a new
          problem now :(

          1. I downloaded Tekkotsu_memstick_ERS7_2.3.tar.gz and created a new
          memory stick.
          2. Disabled the Firewall.

          Now, i could connect to the Aibo with ControllerGUI.

          But, again when I recompile from sources I am not able to connect to
          Aibo :(, now even ping and telnet are not going thru. I guess there is
          some problem in the way I am compiling the OPEN-R SDK and Tekkotsu.

          I will again re-compile everything and try again and post.

          randeep

          --- In tekkotsu_dev@yahoogroups.com, Ethan Tira-Thompson <ejt@a...>

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 7, 2005
            > But, again when I recompile from sources I am not able to connect to
            > Aibo :(, now even ping and telnet are not going thru.
            ping and telnet (to 59000) are extremely low level -- they will go
            through even before bootup is complete.
            So if the Aibo appears to boot successfully, but you can't contact
            it, something is wrong with the network settings.

            I would check <project>/ms/open-r/system/conf/wlandflt.txt matches up
            to the corresponding file on the memory stick and that the file in
            the project has the correct settings for your network. ('make
            update' will then overwrite the files on the memory stick with those
            from the project's ms directory)

            Also, there's that trick with holding down the head and chin buttons
            to have it report the IP address and make sure it's getting the
            address you think it's getting (if it has a 169.* address, it didn't
            join the wireless network and has auto-assigned an address)

            hope that helps

            -ethan
          • randeepsingh74
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 13, 2005
              Hi Ethan,

              Thanks.

              Finally, eveything is working!
              I had SSDP defined (this was in RFW)

              #
              # SSDP
              #
              SSDP_ENABLE=1

              I remove this and now I am able to compile and connect from my PC.
              I have few other probs that I am posting as different messages.

              Thanks, again.