Reporting an error in the sample of Motion Commands and the Control of Effectors

  • pauladospublicidad
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
      Hi! I'm again.
      I think I've found an error in the sample at section "Detecting
      Motion Completion" in "Motion Commands and the Control of
      Effectors". I think that the objective of this code is that the
      aibo's neck goes up and down. However it only goes up, and I think
      that the wrong is in the "virtual void processEvent(const EventBase
      &event)" the line:
      head_acc->setJointValue(RobotInfo::TiltOffset, (val > 0) ? -0.5 :
      0.5);
      I think that this line should be something like this.
      head_acc->setJointValue(RobotInfo::TiltOffset, (val < 0) ? 0 :
      -0.5);

      I've tried, and works.
      Bye
      Paulados
    • dst@cs.cmu.edu
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
        > I think I've found an error in the sample at section "Detecting
        > Motion Completion" in "Motion Commands and the Control of
        > Effectors".

        That would be here:

        http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/%7Edst/Tekkotsu/Tutorial/motion.shtml#completion

        > I think that the objective of this code is that the aibo's neck goes
        > up and down. However it only goes up,

        Good catch. The problem was that the hard-coded joint angles were
        only appropriate for the ERS-210, not the ERS-7. I've rewritten this
        code to make it model-independent, by referencing the values in
        RobotInfo::outputRanges.

        The tutorial page has been updated to reflect this.

        -- Dave