Re: [tekkotsu_dev] Recording scenes in MIRAGE

  • Ignacio Herrero Reder
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 17, 2013
      Hello again. I've found another ¿bug? in MIRAGE. It is related to collision Model: it is supposed that "H" key toggles between GRAPHICS_MODEL_MASK and COLLISION_MODEL_MASK, but COLLISION_MODEL_MASK is always ON for robots (clients).
      Is ther any way to fix this?
      Thank you

      (working with Tekkotsu 5.03cvs (STABLE))

      Ignacio Herrero Reder / Tl. +34-95.213.71.60
      Dpto. Tecnologia Electronica / Fax: +34-95.213.14.47
      E.T.S. Ing. Telecomunicacion / nhr@...
      Universidad de Malaga / http://www.dte.uma.es
      Campus Universitario de Teatinos
      29010 Malaga, Spain
    • Ignacio Herrero Reder
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 26, 2013
        Hello! I'm interested in adding some autolocalization features to my AIBO robot. Could it be possible using VisualRoutinesBehavior (and its ParticleFilter) to achieve this?
        At now my own behavior (I'm not using nodes) is a subclass of BehaviorBase...should I instance it to VisualRoutinesBehavior instead?
        Thanks in advance
        Ignacio

        Ignacio Herrero Reder / Tl. +34-95.213.71.60
        Dpto. Tecnologia Electronica / Fax: +34-95.213.14.47
        E.T.S. Ing. Telecomunicacion / nhr@...
        Universidad de Malaga / http://www.dte.uma.es
        Campus Universitario de Teatinos
        29010 Malaga, Spain
      • Dave Touretzky
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 26, 2013
          > Hello! I'm interested in adding some autolocalization features to
          > my AIBO robot. Could it be possible using VisualRoutinesBehavior
          > (and its ParticleFilter) to achieve this?

          Yes, the ShapeBasedParticleFilter class will do localization. It is
          used by the Pilot to handle localization.

          > At now my own behavior (I'm not using nodes) is a subclass of
          > BehaviorBase...should I instance it to VisualRoutinesBehavior
          > instead?

          Yes, you'll need to do that to use the particle filter.

          But if you're not using nodes at all, then you're missing out on a lot
          of the goodness of Tekkotsu, such as the MapBuilder, which handles
          vision processing, and the Pilot, which does localization and
          navigation.

          I don't know how well these things will run on an AIBO these days; we no
          longer support that platform. But it should be easy to compile some demo
          programs and see. Try the labs on the Tekkotsu wiki:

          http://wiki.tekkotsu.org/index.php/Labs

          -- Dave Touretzky
        • Ignacio Herrero Reder
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 27, 2013
            Thanks for your help, Dave!! Unfortunately when I started working with Tekkotsu there wasn't so many amazing features such you have developed in the last years!! So I  programmed a (fair) simple behavior to just receive movement commands (both head and movement) and send images to the PC. I have also deactivated the on-board segmentation part as it was to slow (on the AIBO) for real time operation when you are considering more than 1-2 colors. At now I just send the plain image and do al the processing stuff at the PC.
            I'm using your same segmentation algorithm (CMvision) but it is executed at the PC as a JNI-C module. I have also changed the image headers so I send together all the data I need (image pixels, robot velocity, head position), due to synchronization issues (when I was using different sockets the data is not often synchronized and I'd to do a lot of things to synchronize it again).
            I don't know if could it be possible to adapt my behavior structure to Nodes, as I'm doing a lot of things off-board, but I'll give a try when I've some time as I thing it is surely worth.

            Regards
               Ignacio