Robot calibration in a Mirage simulation environment

  • Nacho Herrero Reder
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2012
      Hello. It may sound odd, but I need to calibrate walking parameters for
      a simulated AIBO robot in a Mirage environment. I though that in a
      "perfect" simulated environment calibration wouldn't be necessary, but I
      was wrong. I tried with the clearcal.txt file and with the calibration
      example file (walkcal.txt for the AIBO robot) but it doesn't rotate
      around its very center, walking a little circle instead....

      I tried with the instructions in
      http://www.tekkotsu.org/WalkCalibration.html but Tekkotsu GUI doesn't
      behave well under these "simulated" conditions: I can log locomotion
      events, but when I navigate to the Interactive Calibration menu and
      select the "0:Interactive calibration" option, it doesn't allow me to
      navigate/ select any of the options. It always highlight the "0: Help"
      option, like it was stuck...furthermore, if a finally can select the
      "3.Take Measurements" options (with the Mouse pointer) it sometimes goes
      directly to a calibration but sometimes tekkotsu crash with error
      messages. Navigation works very odd at these menu levels...

      Could you give me an insight about how to calibrate just looking at the
      log event values? Which values should I pass to the calibration matrix,
      and in which position?
      This way I would just write down the "correction" values for every
      desired movement at the log console and use them for the calibration
      process.
      Thanks!!!