Re: [tekkotsu_dev] Bugs in Worldbuilder

  • Ignacio Herrero Reder
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 14, 2012
      Sorry Dave, But I've downloadeds last cvs version of worldbuilder and it fails in the translation of observer keyword and its parameters. You can test it with city.ian file at /mirage/worlds/src.

      this line:

      "observer location=[-5000,0,300]  pointat =[0,0,300]"

      is translated to:

      <key>Observer</key>
      <dict>
              <key>location</key>
              <string>-5000.0,0.0,300 </string>
              <key>pointat</key>
              <string>0.0,0.0,300.0 </string>
      </dict>

      Thanks for your time. Regards.

        Ignacio

      Ignacio Herrero Reder            / Tl. +34-95.213.71.60
      Dpto. Tecnologia Electronica     / Fax: +34-95.213.14.47
      E.T.S. Ing. Telecomunicacion     / nhr@...
      Universidad de Malaga            / http://www.dte.uma.es
      Campus Universitario de Teatinos
      29010 Malaga, Spain

      El 14/06/2012 7:49, Dave Touretzky escribió:

      > Hello. Just to give a warning about Worldbuilder tool. It fails in
      > some key translations to "mirage" files.

      You're running an old release of the WorldBuilder. All these things
      have been fixed. If you're using an older release of Tekkotsu, you can
      use cvs to go in and change the tools/mirage/worldbuilder directory to
      use the latest release of that tool.

      -- Dave

    • Dave Touretzky
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 14, 2012
        > "observer location=[-5000,0,300] pointat =[0,0,300]"
        >
        > is translated to: ... (the wrong thing)

        Okay, this was indeed a bug in the handling of the observer keyword.
        I've just checked in the fix.

        -- Dave
      • Dave Touretzky
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 14, 2012
          > Is there any way to "name" objects in ".ain" files? I tried with
          > "name" key but no success...It is to avoid "shape-xx" names in mirage
          > generated files...

          I just checked in a patch to the WorldBuilder that generates better
          shape names in the .mirage file by using the name= attribute of a shape
          if you supply one.

          This makes it easier to see which Mirage elements come from which
          elements in the .ian file.

          -- Dave
        • Ignacio Herrero Reder
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 14, 2012