Bugs in Worldbuilder

  • Ignacio Herrero Reder
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 13, 2012
      Hello. Just to give a warning about Worldbuilder tool. It fails in some key translations to "mirage" files.

      - Observer key:
      - "location" key doesn't generate an array of 3 real, but a string instead; also key is translated as location instead of Location (I don't know if capitalizing is important here)
      - pointat key doesn't generate an array of 3 real, but a string instead; also key is translated as pointat instead of PointAt.

      I've tried to fix this, but i'm not expert in RUBY language programming...

      Also, "city.ian" example file has a wrong syntax has it has "copy line1 0,-16.0" instead of "copy line1 [0,-16,0].

      ¿Is there any way to "name" objects in ".ain" files? I tried with "name" key but no success...It is to avoid "shape-xx" names in mirage generated files...

      Thanks!!!

      Ignacio Herrero Reder / Tl. +34-95.213.71.60
      Dpto. Tecnologia Electronica / Fax: +34-95.213.14.47
      E.T.S. Ing. Telecomunicacion / nhr@...
      Universidad de Malaga / http://www.dte.uma.es
      Campus Universitario de Teatinos
      29010 Malaga, Spain
    • Dave Touretzky
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 13, 2012
        > Hello. Just to give a warning about Worldbuilder tool. It fails in
        > some key translations to "mirage" files.

        You're running an old release of the WorldBuilder. All these things
        have been fixed. If you're using an older release of Tekkotsu, you can
        use cvs to go in and change the tools/mirage/worldbuilder directory to
        use the latest release of that tool.

        -- Dave
      • Ignacio Herrero Reder
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 14, 2012
          Sorry Dave, But I've downloadeds last cvs version of worldbuilder and it fails in the translation of observer keyword and its parameters. You can test it with city.ian file at /mirage/worlds/src.

          this line:

          "observer location=[-5000,0,300]  pointat =[0,0,300]"

          is translated to:

          <key>Observer</key>
          <dict>
                  <key>location</key>
                  <string>-5000.0,0.0,300 </string>
                  <key>pointat</key>
                  <string>0.0,0.0,300.0 </string>
          </dict>

          Thanks for your time. Regards.

            Ignacio

          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 14, 2012
            > "observer location=[-5000,0,300] pointat =[0,0,300]"
            >
            > is translated to: ... (the wrong thing)

            Okay, this was indeed a bug in the handling of the observer keyword.
            I've just checked in the fix.

            -- Dave
          • Dave Touretzky
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 14, 2012
              > Is there any way to "name" objects in ".ain" files? I tried with
              > "name" key but no success...It is to avoid "shape-xx" names in mirage
              > generated files...

              I just checked in a patch to the WorldBuilder that generates better
              shape names in the .mirage file by using the name= attribute of a shape
              if you supply one.

              This makes it easier to see which Mirage elements come from which
              elements in the .ian file.

              -- Dave
            • Ignacio Herrero Reder
              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 14, 2012