Re: [tekkotsu_dev] Re: Using CMVision "off-board"

    Message 1 of 18 , May 12, 2012
      > another option for SINGLE_CHANNEL in which image seems to be send RAW...my question is, in this last option, do you only send one channel or do you send three YUV channel in a non-interleaved form?

      SINGLE_CHANNEL only sends one channel. The index of the setting picks which channel.

      ENCODE_COLOR sends all three channel, interleaved.

      There isn’t an option to send as planar, you’d have to rearrange the pixels on the receiving side if you need planar format.

      -Ethan
    • Ignacio Herrero Reder
      Message 2 of 18 , May 13, 2012
        Ok. Thanks for your help. I will do it that way.

        Ignacio Herrero Reder / Tl. +34-95.213.71.60
        Dpto. Tecnologia Electronica / Fax: +34-95.213.14.47
        E.T.S. Ing. Telecomunicacion / nhr@...
        Universidad de Malaga / http://www.dte.uma.es
        Campus Universitario de Teatinos
        29010 Malaga, Spain

        El 13/05/2012 1:16, Ethan Tira-Thompson escribió:
        >> another option for SINGLE_CHANNEL in which image seems to be send RAW...my question is, in this last option, do you only send one channel or do you send three YUV channel in a non-interleaved form?
        > SINGLE_CHANNEL only sends one channel. The index of the setting picks which channel.
        >
        > ENCODE_COLOR sends all three channel, interleaved.
        >
        > There isn’t an option to send as planar, you’d have to rearrange the pixels on the receiving side if you need planar format.
        >
        > -Ethan

      • Ignacio Herrero Reder
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 13, 2012
          Hello. Just to give a warning about Worldbuilder tool. It fails in some key translations to "mirage" files.

          - Observer key:
          - "location" key doesn't generate an array of 3 real, but a string instead; also key is translated as location instead of Location (I don't know if capitalizing is important here)
          - pointat key doesn't generate an array of 3 real, but a string instead; also key is translated as pointat instead of PointAt.

          I've tried to fix this, but i'm not expert in RUBY language programming...

          Also, "city.ian" example file has a wrong syntax has it has "copy line1 0,-16.0" instead of "copy line1 [0,-16,0].

          ¿Is there any way to "name" objects in ".ain" files? I tried with "name" key but no success...It is to avoid "shape-xx" names in mirage generated files...

          Thanks!!!

          Ignacio Herrero Reder / Tl. +34-95.213.71.60
          Dpto. Tecnologia Electronica / Fax: +34-95.213.14.47
          E.T.S. Ing. Telecomunicacion / nhr@...
          Universidad de Malaga / http://www.dte.uma.es
          Campus Universitario de Teatinos
          29010 Malaga, Spain
        • Dave Touretzky
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 13, 2012
            > Hello. Just to give a warning about Worldbuilder tool. It fails in
            > some key translations to "mirage" files.

            You're running an old release of the WorldBuilder. All these things
            have been fixed. If you're using an older release of Tekkotsu, you can
            use cvs to go in and change the tools/mirage/worldbuilder directory to
            use the latest release of that tool.

            -- Dave
          • Ignacio Herrero Reder
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 14, 2012
              Sorry Dave, But I've downloadeds last cvs version of worldbuilder and it fails in the translation of observer keyword and its parameters. You can test it with city.ian file at /mirage/worlds/src.

              this line:

              "observer location=[-5000,0,300]  pointat =[0,0,300]"

              is translated to:

              <key>Observer</key>
              <dict>
                      <key>location</key>
                      <string>-5000.0,0.0,300 </string>
                      <key>pointat</key>
                      <string>0.0,0.0,300.0 </string>
              </dict>

              Thanks for your time. Regards.

                Ignacio

              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 14, 2012
                > "observer location=[-5000,0,300] pointat =[0,0,300]"
                >
                > is translated to: ... (the wrong thing)

                Okay, this was indeed a bug in the handling of the observer keyword.
                I've just checked in the fix.

                -- Dave
              • Dave Touretzky
                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 14, 2012
                  > Is there any way to "name" objects in ".ain" files? I tried with
                  > "name" key but no success...It is to avoid "shape-xx" names in mirage
                  > generated files...

                  I just checked in a patch to the WorldBuilder that generates better
                  shape names in the .mirage file by using the name= attribute of a shape
                  if you supply one.

                  This makes it easier to see which Mirage elements come from which
                  elements in the .ian file.

                  -- Dave
                • Ignacio Herrero Reder
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 14, 2012