Simulator Trouble

  • Jason
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2009
      I have had a simulation for my KHR2 robot that was capable of receiving movement commands from the posture editor. However, most of the limbs were in the wrong position. I sat down and fixed my kinematics file yesterday, adding 4 new frames, and now the posture editor does not move my robot. I started out with names for every frame, and I referenced all of them in the Info.h file under output names. I kept getting an OutputSelector error that said it tried to map the new frames to invalid offset values. I had kept my NumOutputs consistent with the number of frames that I was defining, so I wasn't sure why this was happening. I then looked at your Chiara files and modified mine to look more like them. That is, I took out all immobile reference frames but the feet, camera, and wrist frames, and changed NumOutputs accordingly in the Info.h file. I also deleted the <Name> tag from all immobile frames. I don't get any errors or warnings, but I still cannot move my robot with the posture editor.

      Jason Tennyson
    • Jason
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 22, 2009
        I fixed it. I forgot that the Info.h file has to be compiled with the project when it is changed. I had gotten used to tweaking the kinematics file and running the sim without having to compile. The error occurred because the kinematics file that I had edited didn't match up with the old Info.h file from the last compile.

        Jason Tennyson