Regarding Microsoft Robotic Studio and Tekkotsu

  • Raj Gautam Dutta
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2009
      Hi

      Can someone tell me whether i can use microsoft robotic studio on Tekkotsu to run AIBO. ?

      With Thanks and Regads
      Raj

    • ewpatton
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2009
        --- In tekkotsu_dev@yahoogroups.com, Raj Gautam Dutta
        <rajgautamdutta@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > Can someone tell me whether i can use microsoft robotic studio on
        Tekkotsu to run AIBO. ?

        > With Thanks and Regads
        > Raj

        Raj,

        Microsoft's Robotic Developer Studio compiles into .NET code, which
        would require Windows (or Linux+Mono) to be running on the AIBO. The
        memory requirements for this are too excessive for the AIBO. What you
        could do, however, is use Tekkotsu to write a small TCP/IP-based
        client application which communicates using the AIBO's wireless
        interface and then use .NET on an external system and communicate
        instructions and other data over the network.

        Evan
      • Raj Gautam Dutta
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2009
          Hi Evan

          Thanks a lot for the advice. I would think over that and get back to you if i have any further problems.

          Thanks
          Raj

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 17, 2009
            Hi Evan

            Thanks a Lot. I am also unable to connect the AIBO through Tekkotsu to the wireless. Can you pls tell me possible reasons and solns. for it.

            Thanks
            Raj