Starting Simulator

  • javicebolla
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 13, 2009
      Hi everyone!

      I'm trying to simulate the Tekkotsu simulator, but in
      VisionObjectEvent.cc appears some errors, such as:
      :5.25: error: libxml/tree.h: doesn't exist this file or directory
      :108: error: invalid use of indefined type 'struct _xmlNode'
      :109: error: 'xmlStrcmp' undlared in this scope
      :112: error: 'xmlGetProp' undeclared in this scope
      :170: error: 'xmlSetProp' undeclared in this scope

      Also there are some errors:
      Shared/XMLLoadSave.h:10: error: forward declaration of 'struct _xmlNode'

      How could I solve this?

      Thnaks!!

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 13, 2009
          Thanks Ethan.

          I had already installed everything, so is why I don't understand the
          mistakes.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 13, 2009
            I had already installed everything, so is why I don't understand the mistakes.

            You may have installed the non-development versions (hence the '-dev' on the package name)... in particular, the error:
            libxml/tree.h: doesn't exist this file or directory
            indicates the header files necessary for compilation are missing.  (If you have the non-dev version, it installs just the library without the headers, so you can run precompiled code but can't compile new code)

            -Ethan

          • javicebolla
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 13, 2009
              I installed the development version. I don't remember if I had another
              version before the -dev one. I can try re-installing the development
              version again... cannot I??

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 13, 2009
                I installed the development version. I don't remember if I had another
                version before the -dev one. I can try re-installing the development
                version again... cannot I??

                Hmm, I've never really seen libxml2 errors once the package was installed.  You can always try reinstalling it (check your distribution docs, I'm a little fuzzy on the arguments for yum or apt-get or whatever).... but I wouldn't hold my breath that anything is going to change...

                To replicate what the build process is doing, check that the 'xml2-config' script is on your path, and that it reports the correct directory for the header files.
                In other words, run 'xml2-config --cflags', and then assuming that runs successfully, look in the directory it reports for libxml/tree.h.  If it's not there, try a system-wide search and see if the file is somewhere else (maybe the package maintainer screwed up)

                -Ethan
              • javicebolla
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 13, 2009
                  But I don't understand why it works for platform "aperios" (I have
                  been using this always) and now the tekkotsu simulator finds errors in
                  this line in VisionObjectEvent...
                  The line in VisionObjectEvent is:

                  include <libxml/tree.h>

                  This file (tree.h) is in:
                  usr/local/Tekkotsu/aperios/include/libxml2/libxml/tree.h

                  I have been trying to change this, but the error message is always de
                  same, "this file doesn't exist"...