Re: [tekkotsu_dev] More Tekkotsu questions

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
      > I had to add this include line into the file Shared/CommonInfo.h,
      > since M_PI is defined in Motion/roboop/utils.h

      Huh, strange. That doesn't come up for me.
      M_PI is actually defined in the system headers (dunno why roboop tries
      to redefine it...)
      So if M_PI was the only missing symbol, a more direct include would be
      from <math.h> (or <cmath>)

      > - When using "make ftpudpate" to update the MEMSTICK and reboot the
      > Aibo, it gives an error with the
      > bld_info.txt file. It says "bld_info.txt has been truncated to ."
      > and exits. My quick and dirty
      > solution was to delete this file from the ms directory. Is there
      > something that needs to be fixed?

      ftpupdate probably just isn't too smart... that filename looks fine to
      me, I don't know what it's complaining about.
      There's also some files we've added to 'ms' directory for other
      platforms which break the 8.3 naming needed by the memory sticks, but
      those files aren't used by the Aibo so it doesn't really matter if
      their names get mangled... might be easiest to just disable name
      checking, and just remember the Aibo can only handle 8.3 format
      names. :(

      We don't use ftpupdate much in practice because it winds up being
      faster to transfer via memory stick, especially if a crash occurred
      (don't want to boot up, just to transfer data and reboot again)