Including xml stuff: xml library

  • Ignacio Herrero Reder
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
      Hello,
      I have modified VisionObjectEvent class as a new
      "MyVisionObjectEvent" class. For organization purposes, I want to put
      all my files in the "project" directory. This is ok with new behaviors,
      but when I have compiled "MyNewObjectEvent" class into "project"
      directory, I have problems with xml struct inclusions: "error: invalid
      use of undefined type 'struct _xmlNode'" and "XMLLoadSave.h:10 error:
      forward declaration of 'struct _xmlNode'. As error seems to be related
      to the "#include <libxml/tree.h>" statement, I think it is a "Make"
      file issue, perhaps, inclusion of some path which is in
      "Tekkotsu/Makefile", but not in "project/Makefile", nor in
      "project/Environment.conf". Any advice?
      Thanks in advance.

      --

      Ignacio Herrero Reder / Tl. +34-95.213.71.60
      Dpto. Tecnologia Electronica / Fax: +34-95.213.14.47
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
        I think it is a "Make" file issue, perhaps, inclusion  of some path  which is  in "Tekkotsu/Makefile", but  not in  "project/Makefile", nor in  "project/Environment.conf". Any advice?

        Your project's Makefile should be setting PLATFORM_FLAGS to include a call to:
          $(TEKKOTSU_ROOT)/aperios/bin/xml2-config --cflags
        (note it checks the platform... for PLATFORM_LOCAL, it calls the host system's xml2-config instead of the one in Tekkotsu/aperios)

        If you run this manaully, it should spit out:
          -Iaperios/include/libxml2

        Actually, are you getting an error regarding unable to find libxml/tree.h for inclusion?  Perhaps it's finding the header, but it's not being #included where it needs to be?

        -ethan

      • Ignacio Herrero Reder
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
          Hi, the problem seems to be related to using brackets (< >) instead of
          (" ") at the #include statement; if a put the direct root (e.g.
          /usr/local/Tekkotsu/aperios/include/libxml2/libxml/) the compiler is
          able to find the tree.h header, but then it fails to locate the headers
          included in tree.h as they are also into ( < >), and so on....

          I will try to include PLATFORM_FLAGS and see if it fix the problem. Thanks!!