compile OPEN-R toolchain with recent distros

  • Nuno Lopes
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2007
      Hi,

      Lately nobody seems to be able to compile the OPEN-R toolchain with ease
      because gcc <= 3.4 is required and most distros bundle gcc 4.
      So, I've patched the Sony script to build the toolchain so that it is
      compilable on any platform. It makes use of gentoo's gcc patchset (this does
      not mean you need gentoo to use it). This release also upgrades from gcc
      3.3.2 to gcc 3.3.6.

      All required files are available from:
      http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=162716&package_id=231594

      (this sourceforge project has other stuff, I just reused it to redistribute
      these files)

      If you find any problem with this script, please let me know.

      Regards,
      Nuno
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11, 2007
        Oops, I should have announced, since the OPEN-R BBS has gone offline,
        we are also now mirroring the OPEN-R SDK files from our installation
        page:
        http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~tekkotsu/openr-install.html

        I've also rewritten the installation script to make things a bit more
        streamlined than the original Sony script :) I've tested this so far
        in Mac OS X, FC3, FC5, and cygwin, haven't seen any oddities with it
        yet.

        Nuno: I've also been working on a 3.4.6 based toolchain, and have
        things *almost* working. I can actually get Sony sample code to
        build and run, but something in Tekkotsu's screwing up, which I
        haven't been able to track down yet (and probably won't be getting
        around to anytime soon) But I have a feeling once we get 3.4
        working, we might be able to move up to 4.x pretty smoothly ;) I'll
        send you some of the build scripts I've been working on.

        (for reference, the 3.4.6 script I speak of builds on work Nuno did a
        while back when he and I both made a previous attempt to update the
        toolchain...)