Re: [tekkotsu_dev] Installation of Open-R SDK in Fedora Core 6

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2 10:11 AM
              I did as u said Ethan. But is not working & previous problem is still there. It seems this is due to some conflict between the file versions of  cross-compiler & FC6. Please let me know the name of a linux distribution where OPEN_R_SDK is already working properly. I shall switch to that from FC6.

      I last built the OPEN-R SDK on FC3, and am currently running the same binaries on FC5.
      There are issues building the 3.3.2 gcc with gcc 4+, mainly due to some stricter interpretation of the language standards in the newer branch.  The instructions here might help you (basically, need to get an older compiler to build the cross compiler), although these are for Ubuntu, I assume you can find comparable RPMs for Fedora Core and follow the same process:

      Ideally, we would like to figure out how to get the newer compiler to produce old-format binaries which can still link against the system binaries provided by Sony.  (see -fabi-version option to gcc, which you can set as a build option as well to control the default setting)