Pink Chip

  • Subhasis Mukherjee
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 30, 2007
      Hi
      I am student doing masters & my research topic is
      AIBO. I am looking for a 16MB programmable AIBO pink
      chip i.e. ERA-MS016. If some one is willing to sell
      one please let me know as soon as possible.
      Cheers
      Subh

    • Niels Puttemans
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 31, 2007
        Hi Subhasis,

        I know exactly what the problem is. Apart from being hard to get hold off, the prices that these memory sticks fetch on ebay are sometimes beyond belief. I've seen one go for $500.

        I don't know if you know that there is an alternative. If you have a look at www.aibo-hack.com , you can find an utility called stickzap. You will need a Sony clie pda (see website) to use it, but it allows you to make a usable PMS (pink aibo chip) from a number of compatible (and cheap) normal sticks. I've used the utility in the past to create such sticks for my phd research. I've succesfully used 64 and 128MB sticks from Sony and Lexar.Make sure you read the full info on the aibo-hack site.

        Let me know if you need any further help.

        Regards,

        Niels

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 31, 2007
          Dear Niles
                  Many thanks for your suggestion. I am trying now the way you showed.  But I shall surely ask you if I have a problem. Thanks once again.
          Cheers
          Subhasis

          On 1/30/07, Subhasis Mukherjee <subhasis_s60@ yahoo.co. uk> wrote:
          Hi
          I am student doing masters & my research topic is
          AIBO. I am looking for a 16MB programmable AIBO pink
          chip i.e. ERA-MS016. If some one is willing to sell
          one please let me know as soon as possible.
          Cheers
          Subh

          The all-new Yahoo! Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html

        • Subhasis Mukherjee

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 15, 2007
                Dear All
                         Does anybody know, how to interface the Matlab with open-R SDk, or any environment which is used to program the AIBO?
[...]

                Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Yahoo! Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now...

              • Niels Puttemans
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 19, 2007
                  Hi Subhasis,

                  I've not interfaced Matlab dricetly with open-r. In fact I do not think that is a possibility. You will need an extended language for aibo to do this. Practically you've got 2 options: Tekkostu or Urbi. Both of these have manuals describing how to do this. Tekkotsu has been around longer, but URBI ( www.urbiforge.com) is a lot easier to use.

                  Hope this helps,

                  Niels