Re: [tekkotsu_dev] Segmentation Fault !! when compiling simulator (Output)

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
      Pedro Faria wrote:
      > With a previous version of gcc (I had 3.4.4-1 and changed to 3.3.3) it
      > works just fine. Compilation process runs ok but when executing it
      > does not go any further than :
      > [...]
      > Collecting for runlevel STARTING |=Main=Simulator=SoundPlay=Motion=| done
      > Collecting for runlevel RUNNING |=Simulator=SoundPlay=Motion=Main=| done

      I haven't seen that kind of failure before. Usually it's an issue of
      mutex deadlock, but it looks like it got through the startup stages
      fine. Your output should be followed by something like:

      Main pid=1788; Motion pid=2212; SoundPlay pid=2532; Simulator pid=3776;
      StartupBehavior()
      Loaded 10 colors.
      ERROR: Could not load threshold file 'config/7general.tm'.
      *** PAUSED ***
      Could not open source sensors
      sim-ERS7>

      ...with some other text mixed in, like the Controller menu and such.
      (see the simulator page: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~tekkotsu/simulator.html )

      You may want to check to see if any of the processes are taking up
      significant CPU (infinite looping?), and attach gdb to them to see
      what's going on (see previous link for instructions). It's a little odd
      that the process numbers are so spread out... if you are using Cygwin,
      perhaps this is just how they normally do things, but if on linux/mac,
      that's not normal.