How to connect Mac and Aibo

  • dto_mba@skynet.be
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2005
      Sorry, old questions again. I have now OSX 10.3.9 and wonder if
      something may have changed. I was able to connect my AIBO about 2
      years ago, but now, although using the same parameters, it does not
      work anymore. Any idea what I may test or try ?

      Best,

      Theodor
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2005
        Nothing has really changed, but here's a few suggestions for debugging your connection.

        Once the Aibo has booted up, turn off the e-stop (double tap any of the back buttons, the LEDs should go off), and then hold down the head and chin button for a couple seconds.  The AIBO should begin reporting its IP address.  (This is a Tekkotsu feature, not a system thing)

        If you hardwired an IP address into the AIBO's setup, it should report that address.  If it is supposed to get an address from a DHCP server, it should report an appropriate address.  If this address begins 169, then it is a self assigned address because it was unable to reach a DHCP server.  This could indicate it is joining the wrong wireless network (check ESSID).

        If it is the correct IP address, try pinging the address from another machine.  If this fails and you have a hardwired address, check the ESSID setting on the AIBO.  Also check firewall settings.  If the ping succeeds, you should be good to go.

        -ethan

        On Nov 2, 2005, at 6:47 AM, dto_mba@... wrote:

        Sorry, old questions again. I have now OSX 10.3.9 and wonder if
        something may have changed. I was able to connect my AIBO about 2
        years ago, but now, although using the same parameters, it does not
        work anymore. Any idea what I may test or try ?

        Best,

        Theodor

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • dto_mba@skynet.be
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 6, 2005
          >Nothing has really changed, but here's a few suggestions for
          >debugging your connection.

          OK. I've checked again. However, no connection. Do you know a mac
          user who can help me configuring the airport and setting the
          parameters for System preferences - Network ?

          Best,

          Theodor Schlickmann