2347Re: [tekkotsu_dev] Robot as object in Mirage simulator [1 Attachment]

  • Ignacio Herrero Reder
    Jul 3, 2012
      Hello Ethan. Regarding to this way to add a robot object to a mirage scene, how could I change kinematics file (".kin") so an AIBO robot starts in a different pose?
      Or, does the kinemtaics file just describe the relationship of the joints, so I cannot change that initial pose?
      Thanks!!
      Ignacio Herrero Reder            / Tl. +34-95.213.71.60
      Dpto. Tecnologia Electronica     / Fax: +34-95.213.14.47
      E.T.S. Ing. Telecomunicacion     / nhr@...
      Universidad de Malaga            / http://www.dte.uma.es
      Campus Universitario de Teatinos
      29010 Malaga, Spain
      El 17/06/2012 2:54, Ethan Tira-Thompson escribió:
      Hi all,

      I’ll add that the .mirage files support setting a path to a kinematics file for an object, which would allow you to actually load the full robot .kin instead of individual meshes.  All of the joints are set and held at 0.  I’ll attach an example (edit the file path for your system, FYI relative paths should be interpreted relative to the location of the .mirage file itself)

      An advanced alternative is to have a program, possibly a full tekkotsu executable, launch and connect to Mirage, send the kinematics and joint angles you want to use, and also set the persist flag and exit.  You could have a shell script dynamically load up a world without keeping a bunch of executables in memory, e.g. just set the Drivers.Mirage.Persist setting to true in Tekkotsu before exiting.  See also tools/mazegen, tools/chess, tools/dhcalc…

      -Ethan

      On Jun 13, 2012, at 10:42 PM, Dave Touretzky wrote:

      > I've build a world in mirage, and I would like to add some robot
      > models as objects inside of it. Is there any way to do that?

      Yes. I've written a new wiki section about this:

      http://wiki.tekkotsu.org/index.php/Mirage_Tips#Make_A_Robot-Shaped_Object

      -- Dave

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic