2345Re: [tekkotsu_dev] Robot as object in Mirage simulator [1 Attachment]

  • Ignacio Herrero Reder
    Jun 18, 2012
      Hello. Finally I've build a mesh file for the full robot by opening the .blender file, joining all meshes, and saving the resultant mesh in Ogre format. I've also changed legs position so the robot-objetc it's in the duck-walk position. Anyway these other 2 methods seem interesting... thanks!!

      PS: I'm developing a "solid" (with mass) kinematic model for AIBO-ERS7, based on the one  developed by Sergei Poskriakov for Webots 5. Though it's not complete yet (is headless for now!), it is able to walk (not completely stable I fear ) and collide with other objects with mass.
      I'm not a mechanical engineering expert, but I hope to obtain an enough functional model to work with the simulator.

      Ignacio Herrero Reder            / Tl. +34-95.213.71.60
      Dpto. Tecnologia Electronica     / Fax: +34-95.213.14.47
      E.T.S. Ing. Telecomunicacion     / nhr@...
      Universidad de Malaga            / http://www.dte.uma.es
      Campus Universitario de Teatinos
      29010 Malaga, Spain

      El 17/06/2012 2:54, Ethan Tira-Thompson escribió:
      Hi all,

      I’ll add that the .mirage files support setting a path to a kinematics file for an object, which would allow you to actually load the full robot .kin instead of individual meshes.  All of the joints are set and held at 0.  I’ll attach an example (edit the file path for your system, FYI relative paths should be interpreted relative to the location of the .mirage file itself)

      An advanced alternative is to have a program, possibly a full tekkotsu executable, launch and connect to Mirage, send the kinematics and joint angles you want to use, and also set the persist flag and exit.  You could have a shell script dynamically load up a world without keeping a bunch of executables in memory, e.g. just set the Drivers.Mirage.Persist setting to true in Tekkotsu before exiting.  See also tools/mazegen, tools/chess, tools/dhcalc…

      -Ethan

      On Jun 13, 2012, at 10:42 PM, Dave Touretzky wrote:

      > I've build a world in mirage, and I would like to add some robot
      > models as objects inside of it. Is there any way to do that?

      Yes. I've written a new wiki section about this:

      http://wiki.tekkotsu.org/index.php/Mirage_Tips#Make_A_Robot-Shaped_Object

      -- Dave

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic