  • rapture666666 <rapture666666@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2003
      When God became Man
      Isaiah 720 BC, Psalms 1000 BC, Micah 620 BC......Twenty Prophecies
      fulfilled in His First Coming

      How do you know it is true??? Buried inside the Ancient Hebrew
      writings (Old Testament) written hundreds and some over a thousand
      years BC is the foretelling of what would take place when God became
      man. This is how you know it is true. The prophecies were very
      specific and told exactly when and where God would come to earth.
      The New Testament (written in Greek after the death of Christ)
      confirms these truths.
      He would be born in Bethlehem (Beit Lechem). (Micah 5:2; Matthew 2:4-
      6; John 7:42)
      The exact time of His crucifixion was known (483 years from the
      decree to build the temple, which was around 444 B.C.E.). (Daniel
      9:25; Nehemiah 2:1-8; 5:14)
      He would be born of a virgin. (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:20-23;
      Galatians 4:4; Genesis 3:15)
      His name would be Jesus (Yeshua in Hebrew), which means "Savior"
      or "Salvation." The word Yeshua in Hebrew means "salvation." It is
      derived from another Hebrew word, Yashah, which means "to save,
      deliver, preserve, bring salvation, get victory." (Matthew 1:21)
      He would be the Son of G-d and G-d would be His Father.
      (Psalm 89:26-27; 2 Samuel 7:8,12-14; 1 Chronicles 22:7-10; Hebrews
      1:1-2,5; Mark 14:36; John 20:30-31)
      He would go to Egypt and return to the land of Israel.(Hosea 11:1;
      Matthew 2:13-15))
      He would be preceded by a messenger (a type of Elijah [Eliyahu] known
      as John (Yochanan) the Immerser [Baptist]) who would prepare the way
      of the Lord. (Malachi 3:1; Luke 1:13,76; Matthew 11:7,10
      He gave up the glory in Heaven for the poverty of earth. (Luke 9:58;
      2 Corinthians 8:9)
      He would ride into Jerusalem (Yerushalayim) on a donkey. (Zechariah
      9:9; Matthew 21:5)
      He would be sold for 30 pieces of silver. (Zechariah 11:12; Matthew
      26:14-16)
      He would be nailed to a tree. (Deuteronomy 21:22-23; Psalm 22:16;
      John 19:18; 20:25)
      He would die for our sins. (Isaiah 53:5; 1 Corinthians 15:3; 1 Peter
      2:24)
      He would be spit upon. (Isaiah 50:6; Matthew 26:67, 27:30)
      He would be given gall and vinegar to eat and drink. (Psalm 69:21;
      Matthew 27:34,48)
      Not one bone would be broken. (Psalm 34:20; John 19:33,36)
      He would be pierced. (Zechariah 12:10; John 19:34,37)
      He is King of the Jews (and the world). (Psalm 2:6; John 18:33,37;
      19:19-22)
      His soul would not be left in hell. (Psalm 16:10; 49:15; 56:13; Acts
      2:27,31; 13:33-35)
      He would rise from the dead. (Psalm 16:10; Luke 24:6,31,34; Acts 2:27-
      31; 13:35)
      He would rise the third day from the grave. (Jonah 1:17; 1
      Corinthians 15:4; Luke 24:45-46; Matthew 12:40)

      Websites for your home studies....
      Rapture study
      http://www.ldolphin.org/raptpromise.html

      A series of studies on the book of
      Daniel....end times, prophecies, etc.

      http://www.pbc.org/dp/stedman/daniel/index.html

      Studies on Revelation....
      http://www.pbc.org/dp/stedman/revelation/index.html

      Olivet Discourse......
      http://www.pbc.org/dp/stedman/olivet/index.html

      Israel....birth pangs
      http://www.ldolphin.org/odino.html

      http://www.pbc.org/

      http://www.ldolphin.org/

      http://www.levitt.com/

      http://www.direct.ca/trinity/king.html

      http://pbc.org/dp/stedman/adventure/0241.html

      http://www.prophecyinthenews.com/index.asp

      www.blueletterbible.org

      http://www.ldolphin.org/kingdom/index.html

      http://www.ldolphin.org/URLres.shtml

      God does not ask that people believe in Him without evidence....He
      uses many
      forms of knowledge to demostrate who He is. One of these is
      prophecy.
      Thousands of years ago God spoke to the prophets of Israel to tell
      them He
      was coming to earth. He told them where and when and under what
      conditions
      and that He would suffer and die so that man could be saved. The
      fact that
      Jesus was a man is a historical fact. We know He lived, just as we
      know Nero
      and Alexander the Great lived. The Bible is divided into two
      parts...the Old
      Testament and the New. The Old Testament was written in
      Hebrew....the last
      book was written approximately four hundred BC. The New Testament
      was
      written in Greek from after Christ died primarily by eye witnesses.
      We know
      the Old Testament existed long before Christ due to the discovery of
      the Dead
      Sea Scrolls and the historical fact that the Jews built temples and
      taught
      from the scrolls. Following are just a few of the prophecies
      contained in
      the Old Testament that Christ ( the Messiah, the Savior) was coming.
      The
      entire Bible is the revelation of God, of Christ. Prophecy is the
      prediction
      of a future event. It is given by God to prove who He is. There are
      literally hundreds of prophecies in the Bible, dealing with the past
      that has
      proven correct but also future events yet to happen.

      Zec 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of
      Jerusalem:
      behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he [is] just, and having
      salvation; lowly,
      and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

      In Zecariah (spelling)..the prophet foretold that Zion's (Israel)
      King would
      come riding an ass. I find this one of the most interesting from
      several
      aspects. First, the King, would offer salvation, eternal life.
      Second,
      notice that He will be riding the colt of an ass. No King in history
      rides a
      donkey, it just doesn't happen. They always rode stallions. Also
      notice
      that it is the colt of an ass. A colt has never been broken, an
      unbroken
      horse will buck you off. Also notice that He will ride into
      Jerusalem. Now
      we know that Christ rode into Jersusalem on Palm Sunday before His
      execution.
      He was riding a colt of an ass. When He rode in many common people
      (but not
      the religious leaders) yelled Hosanna (this means save us). Zecariah
      was
      written hundreds of years before the event.

      Mic 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, [though] thou be little among
      the
      thousands of Judah, [yet] out of thee shall he come forth unto me
      [that is]
      to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth [have been] from of old,
      from
      everlasting.

      Micah is a very small book in the Old Testament. Notice in this
      prophecy
      several things...first it tells where Christ will be
      born....Bethlehem was a
      tiny city...it says the King will come from this town...it also says
      something very interesting..His goings forth have been from old, from
      everlasting...why, becasue Christ is God, He existed before the
      universe was
      created. If you look in the New Testament Joseph and Mary had to
      travel to
      Bethlehem before He was born.

      'Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a
      virgin
      shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

      Isaiah was written about 720 BC. This prophecy spells out that a
      virgin
      would give birth to a son. The name Immanuel in Hebrew means "God
      Amoung
      You". The name Jesus is from Greek translation. In Hebrew, Jesus's
      name was
      Yeshua which meant "Jehovah saves". There is a reason God had to
      come into
      the world thru a virgin...not just as a miracle sign. Each man is
      born from
      the "seed" of another man..the blood of that man transmits the sin of
      his
      father....what we call original sin....it is in all of us...you don't
      have to
      teach a child to lie.

      Behold, my servant shall prosper,
      he shall be exalted and lifted up,
      and shall be very high.
      As many were astonished at him --
      his appearance was so marred, beyond human semblance,
      and his form beyond that of the sons of men --
      so shall he startle many nations;
      kings shall shut their mouths because of him;
      for that which has not been told them they shall see,
      and that which they have not heard they shall understand. {Isa
      52:13-15 RSV}

      Again Isaiah...notice that God's servant, the Christ, is foretold.
      Notice it
      says He will be lifted up...as Chirst was lifted up on the Cross.
      Notice
      that He is foretold to be beaten to point that people are astonished
      and that
      His face was to be beaten until you couldn't tell who He was. Notice
      that,
      not the Jews, but the rest of the world will understand who He is.

      Who has believed our report?
      And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
      For he grew up before him like a young plant,
      and like a root out of dry ground;
      he had no form or comeliness that we should look at him,
      and no beauty that we should desire him.
      He was despised and rejected by men;
      a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief;
      and as one from whom men hide their faces
      he was despised, and we esteemed him not. {Isa 53:1-3 RSV}

      Isaiah again...notice Christ was not a man people would think was
      beautiful
      or a King. It was foretold in 720 BC that He would be
      rejected...that He
      would see grief...that He would be despised.

      .
      Psa 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou
      suffer
      thine Holy One to see corruption.

      The Psalms were written in about 1000 BC. This prediction says that
      God will
      not leave Christ's soul in Hell....or see corruption..rot. His body
      would
      not rot. Notice it says thine Holy One, the Savior. Now this also
      foretells
      something else...that the Savior would have to die...as He
      did......if you
      study carefully in the New Testament you will see that Christ "gave
      up His
      spirit". He was not killed as you and I think of being killed...He
      chose to
      die...if He had wished...He could still be hanging there today.

      Psa 22:16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have
      inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.
      Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the
      inhabitants
      of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they
      shall look
      upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one
      mourneth
      for [his] only [son], and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that
      is in
      bitterness for [his] firstborn.

      These two prediction come from Psalms and Zechariah...notice that
      they
      foretell a number of things which had to happen....first His hands
      and feet
      had to pierced..they were when nailed to the cross...notice also that
      the
      Jews will someday (when He returns) see him and mourn for the one
      they
      pierced...this refers to the fact that Christ had a spear thrust into
      him on
      the cross to make sure He was dead. Remember all these writings are
      hundreds
      of years before Christ came.

      Zec 11:12 And I said unto them, If ye think good, give [me] my price;
      and if
      not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty [pieces] of
      silver.
      Zec 11:13 And the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a
      goodly price
      that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty [pieces] of
      silver, and
      cast them to the potter in the house of the LORD.

      Back to Zechariah...this foretells Christ being sold out for thirty
      pieces of
      silver. If you look in the New Testament you will see that Judas
      sold him
      out to the Romans for exactly thirty pieces of silver and then the
      money was
      later thrown potter. Only God could foretell such a small detail of
      His
      betrayal hundreds of years before it happened.

      Websites for your home studies....

      Rapture and Return
      http://www.ldolphin.org/kingdom/ch14.html
      http://www.ldolphin.org/kingdom/ch4.html
      http://www.ldolphin.org/Return.html
      http://www.ldolphin.org/raptpromise.html
      A series of studies on the book of
      Daniel....end times, prophecies, etc.
      http://www.pbc.org/dp/stedman/daniel/index.html
      Studies on Revelation....
      http://www.pbc.org/dp/stedman/revelation/index.html
      God's Calendar
      http://pbc.org/dp/stedman/leviticus/0520.html
      The Jewish Wedding and the Bride of Christ
      http://www.ariel.org/ff00113c.html
      Olivet Discourse......
      http://www.pbc.org/dp/stedman/olivet/index.html
      Israel....birth pangs
      http://www.ldolphin.org/odino.html
      New World Order
      http://www.ldolphin.org/kingdom/ch7.html
      Genesis study
      http://www.pbc.org/dp/stedman/genesis/index.html
      Temple studiesÂ…
      http://www.ldolphin.org/ezektmp.html
      http://www.ldolphin.org/whytemp.html
      http://www.ldolphin.org/kingdom/ch9.html
      New Bodies
      http://www.ldolphin.org/newbodies.html
      Misc. study sites
      http://www.pbc.org/
      http://www.ldolphin.org/
      http://www.geocities.com/his_emissary/
      http://www.blueletterbible.org/index.html
      http://pbc.org/dp/stedman/adventure/0241.html
      http://www.prophecyinthenews.com/index.asp

      Seventy Prophecies fulfilled in His First Coming
      Ancient Hebrew writings (Old Testament) written hundreds and some
      over a thousand years BC. This is how you know it is true. The
      prophecies were very specific and told exactly when and where God
      would come to earth. The New Testament (written in Greek after the
      death of Christ) confirms these truths.
      He would be a descendent of Abraham (Avraham). (Genesis 12:1-3;
      18:18; 22:18; Matthew 1:1-2,17; Galatians 3:8,16)
      He would be from the tribe of Judah (Yehudah) . (Genesis 49:8-10;
      Hebrews 7:14; Revelation 5:5)
      He would be a descendent of David. (2 Samuel 7:4-5,12-13; 1
      Chronicles 17:11-14; Psalm 132:11; Luke 1:32-33,67-69; Acts 2:29-30;
      Matthew 1:17; Romans 1:3)
      He would be born in Bethlehem (Beit Lechem). (Micah 5:2; Matthew 2:4-
      6; John 7:42)
      He would be from Nazareth and be called a Nazarene. (Matthew 2:23;
      Luke 1:26-27; John 1:45; Judges 13:5-7,24)
      The exact time of His crucifixion was known (483 years from the
      decree to build the temple, which was around 444 B.C.E.). (Daniel
      9:25; Nehemiah 2:1-8; 5:14)
      He would be born of a virgin. (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:20-23;
      Galatians 4:4; Genesis 3:15)
      His name would be Immanuel. Immanuel in Hebrew means "G-d with us."
      (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:21-23)
      His name would be Jesus (Yeshua in Hebrew), which means "Savior"
      or "Salvation." The word Yeshua in Hebrew means "salvation." It is
      derived from another Hebrew word, Yashah, which means "to save,
      deliver, preserve, bring salvation, get victory." (Matthew 1:21)
      His name would be the Messiah. The word Christ in English comes from
      the Greek word Christos, which means "The Anointed One." Christos in
      Greek is the word Mashiach in Hebrew, which also means "The Anointed
      One." The word Mashiach means "Messiah," who is Yeshua. (John 1:41)
      He would be the only begotten Son of G-d. (Psalm 2:2,6-7; John 1:14;
      Acts 13:33; Hebrews 1:1-2,5)
      He would be the Son of G-d and G-d would be His Father.
      (Psalm 89:26-27; 2 Samuel 7:8,12-14; 1 Chronicles 22:7-10; Hebrews
      1:1-2,5; Mark 14:36; John 20:30-31)
      He would be circumcised the eighth day according to the law of
      purification. (Luke 2:21-24; Leviticus 12:1-6)
      He would go to Egypt and return to the land of Israel.(Hosea 11:1;
      Matthew 2:13-15)
      Young babies would die in an attempt to kill Yeshua at His birth.
      (Jeremiah 31:15; Matthew 2:16-18)
      He would be preceded by a messenger (a type of Elijah [Eliyahu] known
      as John (Yochanan) the Immerser [Baptist]) who would prepare the way
      of the Lord. (Malachi 3:1; Luke 1:13,76; Matthew 11:7,10)
      The messenger, John (Yochanan) the Immerser (Baptist), would be
      preaching in the wilderness. (Isaiah 40:3-5; Luke 1:13,80,3:2-6)
      He would be a prophet like Moses (Moshe). (Deuteronomy 18:15; John
      1:45; Acts 3:20-23)
      He would be anointed of the Holy Spirit (Ruach HaKodesh). (Isaiah
      11:1-2; 42:1; Matthew 3:16)
      He would preach and teach in the temple (Beit HaMikdash). (Malachi
      3:1; Luke 4:16; Matthew 26:55; John 7:28; 8:1-2)
      He came specifically to the house of Israel and not to the Gentiles.
      (Matthew 15:21-26)
      Yeshua would be rejected by His own people Israel (corporately).
      [Note: It should be pointed out that many, many individual Jews were
      believers in Messiah during the first century. This can be seen very
      clearly by carefully examining Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and the
      Book of Acts.(Psalm 69:8; 31:11; 88:8,18; Job 19:13; John 1:11;
      7:3,5)] Yeshua is the stone that the builders rejected.(Psalm
      118:22; Isaiah 3:10-12; Romans 9:11)
      Yeshua would be received by the Gentiles (corporately). [Note: It
      should be pointed out that many Gentiles are not believers in Yeshua
      and many others are believers in name only and not true followers
      with their hearts. The believers in Messiah are commanded to follow G-
      d with all of their heart (Deuteronomy 6:4-9).] (Isaiah 11:10; 42:6;
      49:6,22; 54:3; 60:3,5,11,16; 61:6,9; 62:2; 66:12,19; Malachi 1:11;
      Luke 2:30-32; Acts 28:28)
      He would speak in parables. (Psalm 78:2-4; Matthew 13:34-35)
      The ministry of Yeshua would be in Galilee. (Isaiah 9:1-2; Matthew
      4:12-16,23)
      His ministry would be to heal the sick, set the captives free, and
      preach deliverance. This is known as the basar (gospel) in Hebrew.
      (Isaiah 61:1-2; Luke 4:16-21; Matthew 4:23; 9:34-35; Acts 2:22;
      10:38)
      Yeshua was to be the shepherd of Israel because Israel had no
      shepherd. (Ezekiel 34:5-10; 1 Kings 22:17; Zechariah 10:2; Genesis
      49:22,24; Psalm 23:1; 80:1; Isaiah 40:10-11; Ezekiel 34:23-24; 37:24;
      John 10:11,14-15)
      His message would not be believed. (Isaiah 53:1; John 12:37-38)
      The meek would praise Him. (Psalm 8:1-2; Matthew 21:15-16)
      Illegal merchandise trading would be done in the temple. (Psalm 69:9;
      John 2:13-17; Isaiah 56:7; Matthew 21:12-13)
      He would be hated. (Psalm 69:4; 35:19; 109:2-3; 119:161; John 15:24-
      25)
      He would be a reproach to the people. (Psalm 69:9; 89:50-51; Romans
      15:3)
      He would not seek publicity. (Isaiah 42:1-2; Matthew 12:15-19; 9:30;
      8:4)
      He can be trusted and would be compassionate. (Isaiah 42:3; Matthew
      12:15,20-21)
      No evil words would proceed from His mouth. (Isaiah 53:9; Luke 23:41;
      1 Peter 2:21-22; 2 Corinthians 5:21)
      His disciples would forsake Him. (Zechariah 13:7; Matthew 26:31-
      35,56)
      There was nothing physically beautiful in Him to be desired. (Isaiah
      53:2; Psalm 22:6; Mark 6:1-3; Philippians 2:7)
      He gave up the glory in Heaven for the poverty of earth. (Luke 9:58;
      2 Corinthians 8:9)
      He would publicly enter Jerusalem (Yerushalayim) before the time of
      His crucifixion. (Zechariah 9:9; Matthew 21:1-5)
      He would ride into Jerusalem (Yerushalayim) on a donkey. (Zechariah
      9:9; Matthew 21:5)
      He would be sold for 30 pieces of silver. (Zechariah 11:12; Matthew
      26:14-16)
      His betrayal price would be given for a potter's field. (Zechariah
      11:13; Matthew 27:3,7-10)
      He would be betrayed by a friend. (Psalm 41:9; John 13:18-21)
      Both Jew and Gentile would conspire against Him. (Psalm 2:1-2; Acts
      4:27-28; Matthew 26:3; 27:1-2)
      He would be nailed to a tree. (Deuteronomy 21:22-23; Psalm 22:16;
      John 19:18; 20:25)
      He would suffer for others. (Isaiah 53:6; Matthew 20:28)
      He would die for our sins. (Isaiah 53:5; 1 Corinthians 15:3; 1 Peter
      2:24)
      He would be mocked. (Psalm 22:7-8; Matthew 27:39-43)
      He would die with the transgressors. (Isaiah 53: 12; Mark 15:27-28)
      He would make intercession for His murderers. (Isaiah 53:12; Luke
      23:34)
      He would be smitten. (Micah 5:1; Isaiah 50:6; Lamentations 3:30;
      Matthew 26:67; 27:30)
      He would be spit upon. (Isaiah 50:6; Matthew 26:67, 27:30)
      He would be forsaken by G-d. (Psalm 22:1; Matthew 27:46)
      He would be given gall and vinegar to eat and drink. (Psalm 69:21;
      Matthew 27:34,48)
      He opened not His mouth when accused. (Isaiah 53:7; Matthew 26:63-64;
      27:12-14)
      His garments would be parted. (Psalm 22:18; Matthew 27:35)
      Not one bone would be broken. (Psalm 34:20; John 19:33,36)
      He would be pierced. (Zechariah 12:10; John 19:34,37)
      He would be like a lamb going to the slaughter. (Isaiah 53:7; Acts
      8:26-35)
      He is King of the Jews (and the world). (Psalm 2:6; John 18:33,37;
      19:19-22)
      He would be buried with the rich. (Isaiah 53:9; Matthew 27:57-60)
      He would die. (Isaiah 53:12; Matthew 27:50)
      His soul would not be left in hell. (Psalm 16:10; 49:15; 56:13; Acts
      2:27,31; 13:33-35)
      He would rise from the dead. (Psalm 16:10; Luke 24:6,31,34; Acts 2:27-
      31; 13:35)
      Others would rise from the dead with Him. (Psalm 68:18; Ephesians
      4:8; Matthew 27:52-53)
      He would rise the third day from the grave. (Jonah 1:17; 1
      Corinthians 15:4; Luke 24:45-46; Matthew 12:40)
      He would ascend into Heaven. (Psalm 68:18; Acts 1:9; Luke 24:50-51)
      He would sit at the right hand of G-d. (Psalm 110:1; Hebrews 1:2-3;
      Ephesians 1:20-21; 1 Peter 3:22)
      He would usher in a New Covenant (Brit Hadashah). (Jeremiah 31:31;
      Luke 22:20)
      He would be a sure foundation to all who believe. (Isaiah 28: 16;
      Romans 10:11; 1 Peter 2:4-6)