hello

  • mojo2kool
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2002
      hello, i hope you are all well.
    • jedistarpilot
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2002
        --- In teenatheistsoftheworld@y..., "mojo2kool" <mojo2kool@y...>
        wrote:
        > hello, i hope you are all well.

        Yeah me too. Ummm, does anyone want to respark discussion?
        No? Ghost club? Okie dokie, lets give the old Jedi Shot

        Sept 11 2001, we all know what happened. (2 planes into big towers
        remeber?) But, what has happened after that? How as society been
        molded to fit new feardoms? In America, okay Iowa atleast (yeah we
        got pipe bombed btw) people freaked out in ways i hadn't concived
        possible. I was about ready to run down the street naked and hand
        cuffed and say "See my LIBERTIES NOW?!" I mean, im serrious, people
        freaked out so bad they tried for absolutism on rights. It freaked
        the hell out me. All of sudden theres "Prayer Club" at school, in
        which attendance is 'recomended,' if you say one negative word about
        god or what happened you got shunned, Bushie became an all out god,
        there was sensoring of music on the damn radio, (John Lennon for
        crist sake) (no pun intneded) and all out control hell. Now half a
        year later or so, things have simmered down a bit and the radio
        senensoring has been lifted, prayer club became a 'gay' thing to do.
        (I appologize for the close mindedness of my state. Really, i hate
        sexist remarkes like that, but thats whats being pumped into my
        vulgor head) But really what my point is, where should the line have
        been drawn on our liberties? Where do certain rights get allowance
        to be infringed on, and where do certain liberties get wiped out?
        Its amazing how fear can changes people's in such a rapid state. I
        honestly was afriad that all of my liberties (Speech, press, religon
        (or lack there of)) were gonna be trashed......... okay, i have a
        point... I think... How can fear influence our lives over our minds?