The Pope and the Roman Catholic 'World Youth Day'

  • "Andrew.Rawlings"
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2008
      Please read and if you agree, forward to as many people as possible.

      Hello Fellow Atheists.

      The Pope arrives in Australia in less than two weeks for the Roman Catholic's 'World Youth Day'.
      This is the Church's big recruiting drive.

      With possibly as many as 6% of Roman Catholic Church officials abusing children there should not be any need to be reminded why we should all be protesting this hypocrisy of them having a 'youth day' but if you need a reminder, just have a quick look at the what 'Broken Rights' have exposed.
      - http://brokenrites.alphalink.com.au/nletter/page40-world-youth-day.html
      - http://brokenrites.alphalink.com.au/nletter/bccrime.html
      - http://brokenrites.alphalink.com.au/nletter/index.html
      If you are asking for just one reason to protest - "it's for the children".

      Australian Atheists, victims of the Roman Catholic Church and other opponents of the Church are organising peaceful protests and alternative activities.
      Big things are happening in Sydney
      - http://worldtruthday.org/
      and also a couple of activities in Melbourne.
      - http://youthagainstwyd.org/
      (This Melbourne site is still in the early stages of development.)

      Is anything planned for your area?

      If you can help then please contact me.
      If you can help focus media attention on our peaceful protests then that will be a great contribution.
      Please send me email addresses of all the media people and organisations that you can find, including small local outlets.
      Please indicate what language they are if not english speaking.
      Let me know what you need if you want to do something more.

      Subsequent emails from me will provide links, details of events, details of coverage, etcetera.
      In the mean time for links to more information go to:
      - http://atheists.meetup.com/485/messages/boards/thread/4859682

      Regards,

      Andrew.

      Please forward to as many people as possible.